Ranking
Original Post
Movie/TV Chat
Let's use thread to talk about the shows/movies we've watched and to ask for recommendations.

I'll start. Just finished Silicon Valley. Are there any other good (relatively recent) comedies you guys know about?
I saw Jurassic World last Saturday since it was my dad's birthday. Shit was great.

The Jurassic Park series was my favorite as a kid. Watching JW made me all nostalgic, especially with all the references to the JP series.
a spoon.
I liked Jeepers Creepers too. Shame the critics didn't.

Been watching the Ju-On movies in my free time. I love horror films, especially when they're from places close to home.
fl0w
Sigh time to make a huge list of films
Also most if not all of these films/tv shows are available on (uk) netflix.

A list in no perpendicular order:
  • Peaky Blinders | Tv show - 1 season: A notorious gang in 1919 Birmingham, England, is led by the fierce Tommy Shelby, a crime boss set on moving up in the world no matter the cost.(Netflix) I would rate 5/5.
  • Fringe | Tv show - 5 seasons: As part of Fringe Division, FBI agent Olivia Dunham uses experimental science to unravel the mystery surrounding a series of paranormal events.(Netflix) It's a pretty good show I'll give it that, 4/5
  • Residue | Tv show - 1 season: After a freak explosion wreaks havoc on a sprawling city of the future, eight survivors get caught up in the aftermath and its paranormal effects.(Netflix) not personally ranked yet as I just started it, but It seems good, reminds me of MisFits.
  • Daredevil | Tv show - 1 season: "Marvel's Daredevil" is a live action series that follows the journey of attorney Matt Murdock, who in a tragic accident was blinded as a boy but imbued with extraordinary senses. Murdock sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen, New York where he now fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night.(Netflix) Gory/5, This is a really good season, it has a nice story and better yet decapitation via car door.
  • Black Books | Tv show - 3 Series: A misanthropic bookshop owner named Bernard Black wakes up from a bender to discover, to his horror, that he's hired cheery Manny Bianco as a clerk.(Netflix) 5/5 Loved it.
  • It's such a beautiful day | Film - 64min: Award-winning animator Don Hertzfeldt unites three short films about a hapless guy named Bill with new material to create this feature-length tale.(Netflix) This is a pretty interesting film, also really deep.
  • Archer | Tv show - 5 Seasons: Suave, sophisticated spy Archer may have the coolest gadgets, but he still has issues when it comes to dealing with his boss, who is also his mother.(Netrflix) 10/5 funny as hell.
  • Knights of Sidonia | Tv show - 1 season(season 2 is out on july 3rd): An original anime series about Nagate, a low-born youth in a society of genetically engineered humans, refugees that escaped the destruction of Earth one thousand years earlier and now occupy the massive ship Sidonia. When Nagate's talent as a pilot is revealed he becomes one of Sidonia's elite defenders against the Gauna, shapeshifting aliens bent on eliminating humans from existence. Based on the popular Japanese manga comic.(Netflix) 5/5 watched it all in one sitting.
  • MisFits | Tv show - 5 Seasons: After being sentenced to six weeks of community service, five ne'er-do-well teens discover that a freak storm has given them superpowers.(Netflix) 5/5 I enjoyed it, but then I started watching the other seasons and the life had kinda died out.
  • Boardwalk Empire | Tv show - 5 seasons: Atlantic City at the dawn of Prohibition is a place where the rules don't apply. And the man who runs things -- legally and otherwise -- is the town's treasurer, Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, who is equal parts politician and gangster. Side by side with his brother Elias, Atlantic City's sheriff, and a crew of ward bosses and local tough guys, Nucky gains a reputation as the man to see for illegal alcohol. He does business with all the top gangsters -- Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, "Big Jim" Colosimo -- and he does it well ... until a former protégé takes matters into his own hands, setting the Feds on Nucky's tail.(Google) 5/5 Loved it.
Okay so, mostly tv shows, I'll add a few more later maybe.
Aimlessly swimming in circumcisions
I wanted to start daredevil but I never have the time, seemed good.
I've also recently finished lost, pretty sick show, 121 episodes of 43minutes.

I think the "blood and ice-cream" triology is pretty sick, if you dont hate brittish accents.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Sigh time to make a huge list of films :D
Also most if not all of these films/tv shows are available on (uk) netflix.

A list in no perpendicular order:
  • Peaky Blinders | Tv show - 1 season: A notorious gang in 1919 Birmingham, England, is led by the fierce Tommy Shelby, a crime boss set on moving up in the world no matter the cost.(Netflix) I would rate 5/5.
  • Fringe | Tv show - 5 seasons: As part of Fringe Division, FBI agent Olivia Dunham uses experimental science to unravel the mystery surrounding a series of paranormal events.(Netflix) It's a pretty good show I'll give it that, 4/5
  • Residue | Tv show - 1 season: After a freak explosion wreaks havoc on a sprawling city of the future, eight survivors get caught up in the aftermath and its paranormal effects.(Netflix) not personally ranked yet as I just started it, but It seems good, reminds me of MisFits.
  • Daredevil | Tv show - 1 season: "Marvel's Daredevil" is a live action series that follows the journey of attorney Matt Murdock, who in a tragic accident was blinded as a boy but imbued with extraordinary senses. Murdock sets up practice in his old neighborhood of Hell's Kitchen, New York where he now fights against injustice as a respected lawyer by day and masked vigilante at night.(Netflix) Gory/5, This is a really good season, it has a nice story and better yet decapitation via car door.
  • Black Books | Tv show - 3 Series: A misanthropic bookshop owner named Bernard Black wakes up from a bender to discover, to his horror, that he's hired cheery Manny Bianco as a clerk.(Netflix) 5/5 Loved it.
  • It's such a beautiful day | Film - 64min: Award-winning animator Don Hertzfeldt unites three short films about a hapless guy named Bill with new material to create this feature-length tale.(Netflix) This is a pretty interesting film, also really deep.
  • Archer | Tv show - 5 Seasons: Suave, sophisticated spy Archer may have the coolest gadgets, but he still has issues when it comes to dealing with his boss, who is also his mother.(Netrflix) 10/5 funny as hell.
  • Knights of Sidonia | Tv show - 1 season(season 2 is out on july 3rd): An original anime series about Nagate, a low-born youth in a society of genetically engineered humans, refugees that escaped the destruction of Earth one thousand years earlier and now occupy the massive ship Sidonia. When Nagate's talent as a pilot is revealed he becomes one of Sidonia's elite defenders against the Gauna, shapeshifting aliens bent on eliminating humans from existence. Based on the popular Japanese manga comic.(Netflix) 5/5 watched it all in one sitting.
  • MisFits | Tv show - 5 Seasons: After being sentenced to six weeks of community service, five ne'er-do-well teens discover that a freak storm has given them superpowers.(Netflix) 5/5 I enjoyed it, but then I started watching the other seasons and the life had kinda died out.
  • Boardwalk Empire | Tv show - 5 seasons: Atlantic City at the dawn of Prohibition is a place where the rules don't apply. And the man who runs things -- legally and otherwise -- is the town's treasurer, Enoch "Nucky" Thompson, who is equal parts politician and gangster. Side by side with his brother Elias, Atlantic City's sheriff, and a crew of ward bosses and local tough guys, Nucky gains a reputation as the man to see for illegal alcohol. He does business with all the top gangsters -- Al Capone, Lucky Luciano, "Big Jim" Colosimo -- and he does it well ... until a former protégé takes matters into his own hands, setting the Feds on Nucky's tail.(Google) 5/5 Loved it.
Okay so, mostly tv shows, I'll add a few more later maybe.

Typical, I haven't seen any of those.

I've already given my list on the TL;DR equivalent of this thread but I shall post it here as well.

Just some films I quite liked which are slightly less well known than I would expect.
-Wild Things: You get to see Kevin Bacon's penis so obviously a fantastic film (and also has a great plot, but that comes second in reasons to watch it).
-Once flew over the cuckoo's nest: a classic.
-Chronicle: just a well made and pretty unusual movie.

These go without saying but:
-Breakfast at Tiffany's
-The Breakfast club

Basically if you haven't seen at least one or two of these films I will start judging you immediately.
Good morning sweet princess