Ranking
Original Post
The use of "racial slurs"
So, recently was banned for using the racial slur, "Nigga". (I was banned for this twice recently.) Personally, I do not think that, and excuse me if I am not allowed to use this word, nigger and nigga are the same. They are two completely different words with opposite connotations to them. "Nigga" is a friendlier term, and much less offending. The other on the other hand, the word "Nigger" is a much more offending and derogatory term.

To put this in easier terms, here are a few examples.

These are generally accepted by most people:
"Whats up nigga?"
"Nigga you just..." (You can really add anything after this)
"Nigga are you dumb?" (This is a much more friendlier connotation.)

These however are not okay, and sadly I see a lot.
"You're a nigger"
"You fucking nigger..."

Having read those, the first examples seem much more cheery (lol) and less derogatory then the latter. What are your thoughts on GM's taking action and banning people for the use of the word nigga/nigger?
If two black people say it to each other its okay but if a white person says it to a black person its bad.
This argument was taken care of in Discussion.

Basically, administrators are cracking down harder on racism. "Nigga" and "Nigger", are not different. Though, Nigga is somewhat more friendlier. They're both still able to offend someone. Which is why it isn't allowed.

I do agree that being banned is kind of pointless for saying it. But it depends on the situation, and how it was being used.
Originally Posted by Omega View Post
If two black people say it to each other its okay but if a white person says it to a black person its bad.

This is the internet, not real life interactions. The word is used all over the Internet, and in real life interactions. But, I'm more than certian the Toribash Community urges to not be part of the Internet that uses every curse word possible. Even though it kind of is already, not allowing racial slurs is the first step.
Last edited by WeooWeoo; Jan 7, 2016 at 10:37 AM.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
i hate racial slurs because, well, they are racist, i do not condone any kind of racial slurs, they may sound fun and cheery to you but you never know how people will respond to that, believe me when i say there will be more people offended to the "N" word than not, weoo got a point right there, any variants of the "N" word is offensive, and shouldn't be allowed, because i am offended by these, so please, don't.
how did YOU use it?
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Hello, there's already a thread that explains your question: http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=539834

Besides that, the way you post in this thread is more inclined to a discussion thread than a fresh question itself, since you are most likely exposing your view point and wanting other people opinions. That being said I don't think this thread is worth to be open here in the rapid threads board. Please be more careful next time and try to do some research before you make a post, since it's very obvious discussions about this subject have taken place before.