Ranking
Original Post
PS3 Slim!
It been recently reported that Sony is releasing a Slim PS3.
The only difference besides size is instead of an 80 GB hard drive is 120 GB, for the same price.
It will be released world wide on Sept 1st.
It is also reported that Sony will have a new logo, and changing the name from "PLAYSTATION 3" to "PlayStation 3" (big change...).
On the same day Sony will release software 3.0 which will will have a "What's new" category, can now be controlled by Sony Bravia TVs, animated themes and more.

Walk Through: http://link.brightcove.com/services/...id=34884830001

Photos:

I'm a bit disappointed that I now own the Fat PS3.
But I like how the fat PS3 more, the slim one looks like a PS2 to me.
I also don't like how now the on and eject more buttons. and it only has to USB outputs.
And I wouldn't need a 120 GB hard drive, I still have like 30-40 GBs left on mine :>

What do you think about it?

3.0 Video:

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/510/0

All my words, not Copy and Paste
Last edited by SecondSoul; Aug 26, 2009 at 01:52 AM.
So they lowered the price quite a bit too, i think its 299$ now..

I might get one, does it suffer from lesser technology than the fat one, or is it just those crazy japanese making everything smaller?

[T]
#hi

Originally Posted by Ishi View Post
So they lowered the price quite a bit too, i think its 299$ now..

I might get one, does it suffer from lesser technology than the fat one, or is it just those crazy japanese making everything smaller?

As far as I've heard, Crazy Japanese making everything smaller. :/ It is supposed to be quieter but I don't find the PS3 to make that much sound in the first place.

I don't think They lowered the price, The 80 GB is also 299. So They just give you more GBs for your money.

Hope you do, I'd love to face the Ishi in a PS3 game.

added a video showing 3.0 stuff.
Last edited by SecondSoul; Aug 19, 2009 at 09:41 AM.
Originally Posted by SecondSoul View Post
I don't think They lowered the price, The 80 GB is also 299. So They just give you more GBs for your money.

There was a price drop. Some days before the announcement, here in Portugal, PlayStation 3 price dropped from 399€ to 299€, as announced yesterday.

I still need to check the specs of the PS3 slim to see if it's worth it.
With the PS2s, the fat ones lasted, like, forever(Mine's been working for 8 years), but the slims had many overheating problems and didn't last as long. This will most likely happen with the PS3. I think we should wait for some long-term reviews before getting a slim.
i liek turtelz xd
^ The PS3 is very powerful, not to the point where it'll burst into flames or melt your discs if it can't ventilate properly, but I wouldn't get the slim one if you plan on playing more than two or three hours at a time.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
I used to play in my Playstation 2 slim for more than 3 hours. Hell, I played like 8 hours straight once and there were no problems.