Toribash
Original Post
everything is gone on my computer
I just got back from going out of town for 3 days and now everything is gone on my computer. I'm seriously tripping, there's no error, some things are still here, but all my pics, music documents, EVERYTHING personal is gone. The last thing I did before leaving is run combofix. But that ran fine and everything was still there when I finished.
And it won't connect to the internet and norton is disabled.
Right now I'm running a system restore, that might fix it.

Just the way it happened, its weird. No error, or anything. It all just vanished.
Btw, I'm on a phone typing this so sorry for any misspells, ect.

Any ideas, suggestions, help
[ESSENCE]
system restore does NOT restore personal data, just programs and system data. this depends on what level things are gone. everything personal just on your desktop? your entire computer? any programs, or settings within programs (bookmarks)? if its not very thorough (just the desktop or so) it could be one of your friends or some stupid human hacker. if its anymore than that, it could be a bot (as in a virus). any more info you could give would be helpful
I don't know about viruses. That why I ran combofix. The only other person that used the computer was my dad, he started it a day ago and everything was gone. I told him to keep it off (the computer) until I got home. But the strange part is all they games are gone from my desktop. Vegas, msn, ect are still there. And it turned back into default background.

Btw, running windows vista. Once I get it back online imvswitching to windows 7
[ESSENCE]
my hard drive crashed a few days ago, and i just got it back today, now re-downloading toribash and re-downloading pics lol
How does that help me AT ALL?
I'm trying to get my internet bck up, something is wrong, but when I run the diagnostics it says everything is fine. I'm using dsl, on the connection that worked before all this crap happened
[ESSENCE]
sounds like a system recovery, where everything is deleted exept things like the internet
Yeah I'm guessing it was your dad.

My dad did something similar although not as widely destructive to my laptop to download more of his MIT lectures. ;-; like all my textures got deleted.

If it wasn't, it may have been a virus that combofix didn't catch.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Trojan, you must of been infected and thats it realey there desighed to get personal data and remover it from you
sounds like your father deleted some stuff or it might have something to do with the USER... Double check if you're logged onto the right user... Maybe he deleted the user and created a new one? Check the programs folder to see if the stuff is there.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Sounds to me like your user account was deleted. Check if there are any other users?

The only way to fix this is to run a file recovery program (I do not have one) to restore the files.
This is really your only option I think.