Toribash
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
guess ill try my luck while the threads booming

The first replay is alright, the manipulation was very cool considering the high gravity, however the amount of damage you took and how you kept him in the air almost by accident after the first major push detract from it. Up to frame 360 everything looks intentional, after that you just brush around on him and grab him immediately. I am not a fan of grabbing right after a manip when it is caused by failure to keep up with uke or keep him in your line of sight. It didn't seem very out of control here though, so it's just a weird choice imo. The grab is poorly placed, right on top of what you want to kick, forcing you to ungrab and remove your arm in a cumbersome way before the hit. I'm surprised you even got 3 dms. The skeet's ok.

First replay in forever is better imo, the opener is great (the arms swinging around madly doesn't particularly bother me in this replay), and the lift and first hit are pretty stylish. The two next hits are nothing special and a little anticlimatic for the first time using grab in the replay. To clarify, I wasn't expecting more dms, I was expecting something more interesting than the most simple grab>double kick possible. If your goal was to get the pec off, then mission accomplished I guess, although I don't think the skeet was worth it. At least you didn't waste too much time throwing it.

Happy new years was pretty solid. If anything I think it's impressive how close you were to uke the whole time without taking massive damage. You also kept him in the air for a good while for -20 gravity. I like the combo dms, last one looked like a bit of a struggle as you had to reverse your spin in midair but the other ones were fine. I like the quick pose too.

Not quite crazy enough but there's good parts nonetheless. Honestly I don't know what you should capitalize on because the replays have a decent level of everything, although nothing is astounding. My vote is a no, the replays are good but a notch below what I would accept in pretty much every department. Nothing that can't be fixed by practicing more.

Originally Posted by Hug View Post
Hello, I would like to join ORMO

Not sure if joke but I'll make myself a fool. This org is not about competitive multiplayer, I will disregard the competition aspect of the replays.

Both lenshu replays have nothing of particular interest in them, needless to say applying with lenshu is a terrible idea, you're inherently handicapped by turnframes, the dojo and the opponent. The other replay was like a poor version of Engraze's i_like_it_on_top_of_my_head from probably 10 years ago I think. The movements are primitive and the dms are a struggle, not close to the moderate-high level we expect unfortunately. My vote is simply no.
oh yeah