Ranking
Originally Posted by tripwire View Post
Wrong wrong wrong
FIRST I have access to a LOT of computing power at a university lab for AI research. I will be automating the process of running toribash many thousands of times simultaneously. CPU time is expensive and I will obviously be interested in preventing toribash from drawing unnecessary frames thousands of times. I'm positive this can be accomplished with dirty hacks but it will be time consuming so I want to know if theres an easy way to do it.

I don't care if YOU have access to a lot of computing power. No-one else does, and we'd be using only YOUR neural net in that case, making it nigh useless, at most a proof of concept thing.

You CAN'T remove 'unnecessary frames'. Toribash, without rendering, would not run any faster. The simulation is too complex to run thousands of times in a few minutes on a single machine like you'd need. Regardless of how much CPU power you have, because of how Toribash is coded. Please research more before jumping to your own ideal conclusions.

SECONDLY, why exactly is it that external libraries cannot be used with TB lua? There isn't a lot of documentation for it that I'm seeing form the sticky threads so I'm completely mystified as to what I CAN do with it.

They won't work fast enough to be of any use to Java.

External libraries can't be used with TB Lua, because it's a security risk that hampa would have to take. Go take it up with him if you need more info.