Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Original Post
EULAs and other terms & conditions
They annoy me quite a bit, for a few reasons;

1) They are ridiculously long: the IOS App store agreement you 'have to read' is 58 pages long. (They could *just* show the changes, but no, have to re-read the WHOLE thing every time...) That's not fun. Which leads on to;

2) No one reads them. Ever.

3) They are not in any way legally binding, at best a producer can say "well we did have it in the EULA, it was on page 42".

4) With 2 and 3, since no one reads them (and everyone knows this), and they aren't legally binding, there is no legal grounds to use them as evidence in a court; that is, you can't say "the plantif should know because it was in the EULA" since it is not reasonable to assume they have read it.

5) They often occur *AFTER* purchase. You buy a new PS3 or a new iPhone, you go home, *THEN* when you set it up, you are asked to read the EULA. Most of the time stores do not accept a product to be returned on the grounds of "I did not accept the EULA", so even if I did read all those pages, I can't even get my money back, and if I do get something back, its probably store credit.

6) Oh, and there is usually no 'alternative'. For example, if I declined the App store agreement, then what am I going to do? Then I have an iDevice that I can't put new apps on to. Great. I really doubt that the person I bought my iDevice from would give me a refund because of this. I may try it some time though...

7) I had another point, but I can't remember it now...

So in closing, if they can't be used in a legal sense, and they are not read by consumers, what the hell is the point of them? Just to wave away complaints by unwitting users?

It is just 1 more inconvenience >_>
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."