Ranking
Originally Posted by hawkesnightmare View Post
Who's gonna foot that bill? Mexico? They've stated repeatedly that they will do no such thing, and are more than willing to walk away from various ongoing and future negotiations with the US if the issue is forced. So if not Mexico, then who? Where in the US budget is this money going to be pulled from? The only portion of the US budget that wouldn't be crippled from this is military spending, which needs to be cut back already.

I think Trump renegotiates whatever trade deals/agreements the US has with Mexico in order for them to be much more beneficial for the US (then takes the savings/new profit to build the wall). I believe I've heard him say this would be his plan of attack at some speech near the end of his campaign. Google shows me that US is losing $50b a year on the current deal with Mexico they have (with a total of $500B+ in total trade between US + Mexico).

He's already scrapped the TPP, which is huge multilateral trade deal (promoted by Obama) that would have accelerated globalisation and fucked very heavily with the ability of the US to remain competitive. This is huge. This shows to me that Trump is no dummy/isn't being advised by dummies. They've got their heads screwed on straight when it comes to the economy (or at least, globalisation).

Seems like he's srs about the whole 'America First' thing. Good for 'Murica.
Last edited by Ele; Jan 26, 2017 at 11:55 PM.