Toribash
Originally Posted by Parrot View Post
Oh, you liberals crack me up.

If I wanted you to describe what a liberalist news source thinks it is, I would have checked this: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...cess.html?_r=0 Which, quite a surprise, is actually c/p from everything you just said.

You probably should have gotten your source from a neutral source, such as:

https://www.state.gov/j/prm/ra/admissions/

Yeah, its really hard to get into the USA with interviews that you can lie in. The fingerprint scan is a joke, because for some reason, you liberals believe that a fingerprint basically reveals all, which it doesn't. Only if the person has already had a fingerprint entered into the database will show up, so it's pretty much useless. There really isn't much to our vetting system at all. He isn't riding a wave of fear. He's trying to piece America back together because all the democrats are flipping out. I sure as hell you have something else to criticize him for, because you are off to a bad start.

If you actually read the page you posted as a neutral source, it lists exactly what I stated a refugee has to go through, minus the UN screening process because the U.S. State Department has no say on what the UN does. That being said, it still mentions that they still have to be referred to the U.S. by the UN for the process to start, so it's still following the timeline. So congratulations, you're posting a source that just reaffirmed my statement.

Second, there's a reason why the vetting process takes two years. It's a layered process that's extremely strict. If there's even a reason to doubt that the refugee is a threat, the visa is denied. This threat can range from actual information that identifies them as a threat, conflicting information which throws doubt on their security, or a lack of information to verify their identity.

Any one of the layers individually are weak, it's the fact that you have to go through all of them that makes the process strong. A fingerprint scan is only a base check to confirm that somebody on a watch list is not performing identity fraud. Multiple scans are performed to confirm validity. Interviews are performed multiple times, not so the refugee can sell themselves to the agency, but to tell the agency their background. Any information provided during the interview is followed up on through an investigation by the agency to confirm the truth of the interview. An interview is conducted multiple times to make sure that the story of the refugee does not change. Further security checks and background checks are performed prior to arrival to make sure. It's a solid system. Which leads to the following point.

Third, nice to see you ignored the second link. Despite all of these supposed "flaws" you're pointing out in the vetting process, there is still 0 deaths from a terrorist attack perpetuated by a refugee on the U.S. in the past 30 years. And that's not even from a liberal source. That's from a libertarian institute funded by the Koch brothers. The majority of successful terrorist attacks are performed by domestic terrorists, followed by foreign nationals who have a permanent residence visa. The vast majority of viable threats to the nation do not come from the outside world, they come from inside the country.

I'm pretty sure it's you who's flipping out. I've backed up my claims and avoided personal attacks or strawmen, and your refutations have been either reinforcing my point by citing a source that supports my claim, ignoring them to tackle what you think is low hanging fruit, or performing strawmen.

Let's be clear about something. There is literally nothing more Trump can propose for the vetting process that isn't already being done to screen incoming refugees. No amount of time secured by a travel ban will let him or his administration come up with some magical new procedure to screen a refugee. If they propose anything new, it will literally compose of the exact same procedures. The quantity of which are performed will be the only difference. The travel ban was almost certainly a political move to try to show his supporters that he's getting stuff done. It's all smoke and no fire.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games