Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

i would to propose that grips also include no grab grips. we could introduce it in the academy after leg reaps as an extension on the grounds that a leg reap/hook follows the same mechanics as arm no grabs.

I would also like to propose that we explain why the forbidden techniques are considered lame. my reasoning is that they are either boring to play against. though that can be counter argued with its part of the game so why not. They also will limit growth if you rely exclusively on them because while they can be powerful moves they are also narrow moves. we could prove this point with counter replays from a few different members of TA. In saying all this we should acknowledge that if a player comes up with these moves by them self it means they are on the right track as long as they don't get stuck there.

We have no breakdown type moves in ground techniques. for example in a hand to hand grab you can prevent a half formed bridge from extending to a full one and make their head dq. we could also fit post denial in ground moves. or perhaps this is all better in the academy till we solidify moves.

Also. No grab aikido where can we fit this in. pros and cons of it. perhaps we can fit it in if we can define more game play styles.