Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
Help creating a new opener
It's been a while since I last played this, and I've got 30 or so more matches 'till I hit Black belt.
The opener I use (the one I remember) is becoming more and more innefective, specially against more experienced players.

I usually find that it works decently against newbs, sometimes even splitting, and dm'ing them, but the pro's seem to counter it and get me faster.
It's basically a kick with one leg, other leg supports and jumps forward/up, one arm grabs torso, other goes up to aid with rotation/momentum.

So, anyway, I need a new opener. I was watching a replay from NutHug sparring with someone, perfect control, and it inspired me, so I started playing around with uke, messing around with relax and hold balancing, wich lead to some cool stuff. The only problem is it takes me a long time to control each part if I try to mix relax with hold and force, it's really great for balance and momentum, but I can't do it fast enough.

So what tips do you have for creating a new starter? Do you start by modifying an existing opener? or start from scratch?
I tend to play Judo the most, but I have tried most mods, I just don't practice them.