Toribash
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
I'm not really sure what to say here.

My previous clan, SMASH, provided me with a real sense of comradeship and whatnot despite its seemingly inherent ability to attract members who quickly became inactive.

And, despite Mr-Deanster's best efforts, I'm unable to find such a feeling in this clan.

I don't know, I just feel disillusioned with this place. Perhaps it's the elitism, which isn't something I'm big on, or perhaps it's my skill level. I mean, veb invited me to this clan without ever having seen me play. Purely on force of personality. And even now, after well over a year of playing the game, I'm only just starting to understand things such as relax fighting.

Along with that, literally half of the member list barely play the game or haven't been seen in some time. It's almost like we're some collective of supposedly elite players who have little connections to one another at all.

I feel that I'd be happier in SMASH, to be honest. To say "grass roots" would be cruel, but I think I fitted in better there.

Perhaps I value clans too highly. There are members that jump from clan to clan, not necessarily quickly, but certainly without feeling. They wear their tag wholly like a badge of rank and ability rather than a symbol of friendship and personality. I feel that taking veb up on his offer is a little like me doing that. No disrespect to him or to the clan intended, but I only joined because I was invited in such a manner. If veb hadn’t contacted me via PM, I wouldnt've even considered the clan because I thought it was well out of my league. I’m not going to go about because “I’m not good enough for this clan”, as I know that that’s a stupid thing to say. I just don’t feel that I belong here.

So, it was a fairly good time staying here, but I’m afraid I'm going to have to disappear.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."