Ranking
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Original Post
IRC tutorials (Chatzilla and XChat)
First of all, I would like to start off by saying. I am perfectly capable of posting a thread, Uric and Murmayder -.-

Requirements:
Mozila Firefox
Internet
At least half a brain

Step 1:
Download and install Chatzilla from here: (It's 100% free so don't worry.)
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/16
(Note: You must install it using Mozilla Firefox so Don't browse to it in Internet Explorer or other browsers.)

Step 2:
After you have installed it restart Firefox.

Now go to tools and click on Chatzilla.
(If you cant find tools here's a screen shot)

Step 3:
After you click on that it should open something like this:

Don't worry that you don't have the chat servers open we are doing this part now.

Step 4:
Type "/attach Irc.toribash.com" without the quotes into the typing area. This should then open a tab above the writing box called irc.toribash.com. Now go to the top of ChatZilla and click irc, now click start this network at startup. See picture below for reference.

Now go back to the type box an type "/join #doc" without the quotes. Then go to the top irc thing and click Irc but this time click open this channel at start up. See picture below for reference.

Now that's it. To test if you have done it right close Mozzila Firefox and Chatzilla. Open it up again and if you automatically connect to the doc chat it works!

Feel free to ask questions

Other cool, helpful, magical, etc things:

"I can't tell what rank I am its just coloured circles how do i get it like yours?"
To do this go to Chatzilla at the top then preferences. See picture below for location of this.

Now click Global settings then appearance. Now scroll down to the bottom and make sure the box that says "show user mode symbols" is ticked. Click apply then close the preferences This should change the circles to @ ~ etc. Reference below.

"How do i change my nick and perform things like /me hits himself ?"
Nick Changing:

To Change your nick you click on the button which says your name in my case as seen above i would click that box to the left of the place you type and then type my nick in the box that appears.

To do an emote thing you type /.me hits himself, Type it without the dot after the / (I had to put a . as its a forum command as well) (This will appear as "SpacedLlama hits himself")

Man this theme is so ugly it reminds me or Uric and Murmayders babies!
To change the theme just click view---> Colour scheme--> Dark Motif. See below:

To change it back just click Light Motif.

Well that's all for now if you have any other questions just post here and ill help you out.

Thanks

SpacedLlama
Last edited by Uric; Jan 4, 2011 at 09:51 AM.
Pc running slow? Think you are infected or just want a general clean up? Try this.