Toribash
Original Post
Mind you I don't work on the Dev Team, and all of my answers are a mixture of educated guesses, and information from the two interviews I had with Hampa, Gameplay, and knowledge of Unity.

I don't know if this has been answered, but, are flames going to work for both tb versions? Are there any plans to make them multiplatform or the forging will start from 0 with better variables and stuff?

The Flame forge will be making a return in Toribash Next eventually if not initially, as there will be Blood Forge, and Toribash Next's engine is different, which would mean the flames in Toribash Next will function differently than the flames in Toribash, which means that the old flames couldn't just be dragged and pasted (easily) in Toribash Next as the engine is different, so my educated guess would be no, because they'll be able to make better flames, same thing for Items, as only some items will be transferred over, they will be able to make better and crazier items, and thats one of the selling points they'll want to capitalize on, so you won't see too many items or flames (If any) coming over to Toribash Next.

So there will be a new modmaker, right?
I hope there will be some more moving objects and connections.
I mean more than present 16.
Although it's a new engine, so I realize that the whole modding mechanism may look a bit different.

There will be a new a mod maker, the modmaker will need a different user interface yes, because they had announced the introduction cooperative modding or "Modding Lobbies", meaning they'd have to redesign the interface with that also in mind. But I can assure you they wouldn't make it DRASTICALLY different, putting current modmakers at a disadvantage as well. My guess will be it'll be more user friendly. As many complaints that came out of Modding on Toribash is that it was too confusing and complicated for beginners to pick up easily, which hurts the speed of mod making growth. And as for static, NonStatic, connection/Joints, I am 90% sure that the limits as far as how many you'll be able to use, will be expanded drastically. This new engine breaks down previous limitations in that area, so in Next you can expect to see a much much larger number, (and maybe even ways) to implement these things into your mods. I think the most interesting thing other than the ModMaking servers will be the Pre Fabricated Objects/Models, i've seen in gameplay. Rather than building from scratch with spheres, Blocks, and cylinders.
Last edited by matarika; Feb 3, 2019 at 07:25 PM.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by sung View Post
totally pointless thats if it is even possible.

I mean, firstly it was a joke, secondly; that technology has been in development for years, and it's nowhere near ready for anything as trivial as videogames.

Also why would it be pointless?

Originally Posted by Kore View Post
I mean, firstly it was a joke, secondly; that technology has been in development for years, and it's nowhere near ready for anything as trivial as videogames.

Also why would it be pointless?

we won't get this technology in the next 50 years just saying
NO TITLE
Originally Posted by darrenl4 View Post
The one thing I don't like are those annoying comic esq pop ups that happen when you dismember and I assume fracture and stuff. Hopefully there will be an option to turn that off

There is. Check the small menu and click a button
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
any estimated release time for a beta version of toribash next?

Not yet, maybe expect one this summer.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
is toribash next ever coming? i thought it was supposed to be ready last year.
oh is this where i put my signature?
Can I get the texture sizes for toribash next so i ca n release Texture sets when the new game comes out?

Also i still think that belts should be reset but players who were above a certain belt in Toribash will get a Optional belt to enable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
is Toribash next ever coming? i thought it was supposed to be ready last year.

That was just wishful thinking, it'll be here this year 2019 for sure, as the public beta is being actively worked on, and will release this year as well. I'd say have your sights set on a Fall 2019 release for the full game.

Originally Posted by Dylon View Post
Can I get the texture sizes for toribash next so i can release Texture sets when the new game comes out?

Also i still think that belts should be reset but players who were above a certain belt in Toribash will get an Optional belt to enable.

How textures will work hasn't been implemented into the game yet, so that information wouldn't be able to be provided yet, but I think texture sizes will be the same size more or less? because it's been said that sets will be able to be transferred over.

also for that belt thing, thats a tricky situation because even if you worked hard to get to a low belt or worked very hard for a high belt, that wouldn't be fair to start "some" people from the beginning, and others get to keep it. Especially since that "fine" line where it switches over will be very controversial as well. They'd either make EVERYONE start over, no one start over, or provide an alternate Toribash Next Belt Progression system. Meaning your Toribash Belt will remain, but you'll have to progress through whatever belt system Next Has. I think that is the most likely, that you'll have to start over in Toribash Next, but only on Toribash Next. If you were to log back into toribash you're belt level on there will be the same.
Last edited by matarika; Feb 9, 2019 at 03:51 PM.