ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I agree with that, but how can we reform it with a really small community?

u can't

1. game has degraded in quality and has been steadily degrading in quality since like 5.0 (a lot of people say it started during 4.x but i don't think so)

2. the rules are convoluted/nonsensical and the game feels like a fucking minefield to play now

3. staff are unlikeable and usually side with whoever suckin dick / friends because they can (a big reason they do this is because the rules do not make any sense and are usually made to stop 1 player from doing something so nobody knows how they should actually be enforced)

4. nothing new has been added to the game in 10+ years

5. there is absolutely no way tb next will do well, the game is fucking horrible and buggy and broken (2 years delayed after initial release date and still unplayable)

6. tb is a provably uninviting game in every regard. the game is too hard, public lobby queues can leave u waiting like 10 minutes for 1 match to get bodied by someone who's been playing for 10 years, and it's not interesting enough to want to learn.
spending a few years learning tb made sense when there were barely any free games, but literally like warzone and fortnite are the two biggest games right now and they are both free and do not take years to learn how to be average

7. the market is too unstable for this to be something that people enjoy trading on, making nearly all transactions on this game duels or bets. maybe if prices weren't randomly lowered to "make new players feel involved" it would work, but even still u can't get any cool colors until u have like fucking 10 thousand games played lol so idk about none of that
Originally Posted by Derzai View Post
u can't

1. game has degraded in quality and has been steadily degrading in quality since like 5.0 (a lot of people say it started during 4.x but i don't think so)

2. the rules are convoluted/nonsensical and the game feels like a fucking minefield to play now

3. staff are unlikeable and usually side with whoever suckin dick / friends because they can (a big reason they do this is because the rules do not make any sense and are usually made to stop 1 player from doing something so nobody knows how they should actually be enforced)

4. nothing new has been added to the game in 10+ years

5. there is absolutely no way tb next will do well, the game is fucking horrible and buggy and broken (2 years delayed after initial release date and still unplayable)

6. tb is a provably uninviting game in every regard. the game is too hard, public lobby queues can leave u waiting like 10 minutes for 1 match to get bodied by someone who's been playing for 10 years, and it's not interesting enough to want to learn.
spending a few years learning tb made sense when there were barely any free games, but literally like warzone and fortnite are the two biggest games right now and they are both free and do not take years to learn how to be average

7. the market is too unstable for this to be something that people enjoy trading on, making nearly all transactions on this game duels or bets. maybe if prices weren't randomly lowered to "make new players feel involved" it would work, but even still u can't get any cool colors until u have like fucking 10 thousand games played lol so idk about none of that

I agree with points 2,4,5 and 7 (mainly 7), this game needed something big, not new mods or more items, we need something to grab players.
I liked the thing you said about the colors, because it is true, you only get cool color schemes when you have at least 5000 qi, and that's alot to an average player, and still if you manage to get that much qi you still need to have tc, so basically to get any cool items or colors you need to get good and duel alot, be really lucky with bets (but only a small percentage of the player base knows that bets exist) or spend a decent bit of money on tc.

Moving off-topic, I think the first big step to drive people into tb before tb next releases is to give them an incentive to play more, like make special promotions to new players so they can get cool items easily, or spend some money on advertisement of twitch streams. Like make an add saying "if you join the game and watch the stream on xx/xx/xxxx you can get an exclusive item!!!!" like something to hype it up.
Other thing would be to make some partnerships with some indie game developers with a fan base, because everyone knows that people that play small games or indie games are most likely to play something weird like toribash.
SOU TUGAAAAAAAAAA
I think you guys over complicate things.

If the game is good, people will play it.

95% of Tb players will play TBN regardless so don’t worry about them. You can try to grow the community now but as others have pointed out the community does not make it easy for new players.

All hamps needs to to do get a nice collection on TBN replays in different mods from the beta and start an instagram. Then, his loyal followers can spam the most popular YouTubers and Twitch streamers. With consistent effort one of them will be bound to give it a go and then TBN will get the exposure it needs.

After that it just depends if the game is good enough to keep players coming back to an ongoing community. To do that we would want to design and modmake fun mods as early as possible so people get hooked. The gun mods will be a success for sure but if you really want TBN to go full esports you need something competitive to play but fun as fuck to watch too.

I’ll have more on how to do that later.
Last edited by footlox; Jun 23, 2020 at 02:02 AM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by matarika View Post

Honestly pretty rad to see some legit gameplay here. Plus the addition of maps with scenery is a nice feature, any word on whether or not we will be able to create our own dojos / areas using unity assets?
Originally Posted by Silk View Post
Honestly pretty rad to see some legit gameplay here. Plus the addition of maps with scenery is a nice feature, any word on whether or not we will be able to create our own dojos / areas using unity assets?

I'm not sure how integrated that'll be in the modmaker, I know there will be additional kinds of shapes by default in modmaker (not just sphere, square, cylinder) , compared to Toribash. But in Next I do know that the object limit will remain around 128 as it is now, but the loop hole in TBN is that if you connect multiple objects together in your 3D modeling software of choice and import that as an asset/model (it counts as one object) thats how you can still only be stuck with 128 but have it appear you're making much larger/detailed maps.

So unless you're importing pre-made assets/models from the unity store or else where. Or you're experienced in 3D Sculpting/Modeling, you'll probably be stuck using the traditional placing shapes around to make TBN mods.

So to answer your question yes, but only though importing. I'm sure someone will create a place one can go, to download toribash assets to use in modding. Such as an Asset/Object catalog.
Howdy, I'm Mod Squad & The Social Media Manager @ Nabi Studios , if you have any modding or social media questions PM me or DM me on Discord: Matarika#5297
Originally Posted by matarika View Post
I'm not sure how integrated that'll be in the modmaker, I know there will be additional kinds of shapes by default in modmaker (not just sphere, square, cylinder) , compared to Toribash. But in Next I do know that the object limit will remain around 128 as it is now, but the loop hole in TBN is that if you connect multiple objects together in your 3D modeling software of choice and import that as an asset/model (it counts as one object) thats how you can still only be stuck with 128 but have it appear you're making much larger/detailed maps.

So unless you're importing pre-made assets/models from the unity store or else where. Or you're experienced in 3D Sculpting/Modeling, you'll probably be stuck using the traditional placing shapes around to make TBN mods.

So to answer your question yes, but only though importing. I'm sure someone will create a place one can go, to download toribash assets to use in modding. Such as an Asset/Object catalog.

Would be nice to see how everything plays out. The physics is a little bit different but I think it will make some really cool realism replays tbh.
[JollyR] [Tribe] [eVo] [fl0w]
I got question - will be any ways to simulate toribashNext physics faster than in-game? Like get some results of replay using some libs, for example to teach neural networks, without need to launch render of objects, interface and other things.
I hope my boyfriend don't mind it