Ranking
Originally Posted by ed View Post
Care to explain? Not even trolling. What aspect makes the staff shit? Rules they make, behavior, attitude? Perhaps it was just me being some sort of staff for so long that I just didn't see it the same as regular members. I just hope that no one saw me as shit lmao I guess to an extent.

it's mainly behavior and attitude for me, rules i dont care about.
i can list off a couple staff members i think are shit because of how they act both on and off forums.

Icky. From what I've seen he acts like a complete child with peoples ban appeals, I don't have any screenshots to provide but I think any post he has made in ban appeals would suffice.
This post in particular on forums in a non-moderation way is also childish, sure its enclave and "haha everyone and staff can shit on enclave because " but the "you're an idiot" is not necessary.
This is the only one I've come across because I don't have the patience to scroll through his post history.
At least this bad screenshot isn't from a year ago and without proper context

Chick. He's incompetent, gives the wrong advice, hardly does the job the staff position requires, and he's immature. Just check his messages in #support

chick

From a reason to why some people don't play anymore to dead relatives getting involved. Still a shitty move tho ed
[insert generic quotes from certain players]
for whatever reason i hit an unknown key on my keyboard with my fat ass fingers and posted as soon as i started

Anyway, I stopped playing primarily because I felt I reached the furthest I was probably ever going to go in terms of replaymaking, technical knowledge of Toribash, and staff experience. I felt there was not much left for me in this game and decided to take my leave, only occasionally hopping on to say some dumb shit in a discord server or to make a replay or two, which aren't nearly as good as the ones I made in roughly February - about July, after that I fell off.

I can't blame the community or its staff for driving me away, because it didn't, but I have my gripes. Some of the members of the community are unbearably self-centered and extremely annoying to read and/or listen to, pushing their ideas and/or beliefs(I wonder who I'm referring to) onto you when man all I wanna do is click some fucking balls. Some of the staff adopt the "we know better" mentality and completely disregard what your average user thinks, sometimes making poor decisions with their applicants, for example. A couple are/have been straight up incompetent and it makes you wonder what the fuck they were on when they thought bringing these people in was a good idea in any capacity.

Edit: But in light of that, I feel it's fair to mention there are also a lot of staff members currently that I very much respect for their reasonable contributions and their ability to listen and understand what the problems are and come up with reasonable fixes for them, so it's not all doom and gloom.

I figured for fun (and because I have massive testicles) I would make a short list talking about Toribash staff additions I thought were problematic, and staff members I think are exceptionally great:

problematic (you might be listed here, only click if you are sure your feelings won't be hurt)

exceptionally good staff members

None of this matters, I saw a discussion about staff and how bad it is and wanted to give my own personal thoughts on who specifically I thought was bad but I also wanted to be fair by recognizing the talents of those I personally thought were great. It's inevitable that I missed people for both lists but you know who you are, probably.
Last edited by tabby; Nov 21, 2020 at 11:35 PM.
Milf was incredible i cant believe hes a married man with kids
-----
also ancient getting banned from staff off-topic for being too cringe is hilarious dont ask me how i got this information
Last edited by basic; Nov 21, 2020 at 10:35 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
no way
-----
I'm know by a lot of people, disrespecting me like that is a big mistake
Last edited by tabby; Nov 21, 2020 at 11:07 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by tabby View Post
no way
-----
I'm know by a lot of people, disrespecting me like that is a big mistake

dunno tabby you are kind of a queer lad
<BISH> kick chan my modes are moving on their own~
<Shook> FLAGGOTS
Originally Posted by phish View Post
This post in particular on forums in a non-moderation way is also childish, sure its enclave and "haha everyone and staff can shit on enclave because " but the "you're an idiot" is not necessary.

Don't you find his post edits hilarious though? Like when he edits someone's shitpost to say something like "Nice try, see me after class", hahaha. Don't you LOL and find that to be the funniest thing ever? He's a funny guy!

I remember seeing that post of his about Enclave around the time he made it and it definitely made me think 'Fuck you dickhead' - What kind of cunt calls someone an idiot for trying to help out? "It's a placeholder for the new event", that's all he had to say. Icky though, being a spiteful dickhead, saw the opportunity to insult Enclave and took it. Let me tell you something about our boy Icky, when it comes to holding grudges, he's worse than an elephant. Really is like a little child.
----
ed's a good guy tho, don't think he's put a step wrong that I recall
Last edited by Ele; Nov 22, 2020 at 02:19 AM.
Originally Posted by Ele View Post
Don't you find his post edits hilarious though? Like when he edits someone's shitpost to say something like "Nice try, see me after class", hahaha. Don't you LOL and find that to be the funniest thing ever? He's a funny guy!

this is also something i have a problem with, imagine having the power to close threads or edit them to be less of a problem, instead you edit the post and make yourself look like an ass while doing it.
im pretty sure icky wasnt the only one, i remember chirs doing it a bit in wibbles

to prevent this post from being exclusively a "shit on icky" post, i'll add something else
If you are a moderator, capable of closing or editing threads and deleting posts or threads, what is the purpose of editing a post to try to be funny?
this is a serious question to icky or whoever else has done this.
i get maybe trying to lighten up the thread or whatever but if its blatantly not funny why even save the edit.

edit: i think higher staff should take a closer and unbiased look at current staff members including ninjas and look at what they have said or how they have acted towards any member regardless of personal issues or beliefs, and finding any problematic or bad things a staff member has said shortly prior to or after becoming their position should be brought up and asked about.
if staff wants to get rid of bad members, they should get rid of bad staff also
for an example, if icky were help squad member and i were his lead and i saw that he had called a member an idiot publicly or privately(privately being in hidden threads or subforums like ban appeals), id be talking to him about it and expressing that he shouldnt conduct himself like that regardless of history he has with a particular person. Basically be unbiased to everyone and remain helpful.

idk if what i said makes sense, im sick and have to take a massive diarrhea shit now
Last edited by id; Nov 22, 2020 at 02:49 AM. Reason: pooping
Almost everyone i've been friends with on here have moved on from the game ):
[ Fr3styL, Pandora, Secret, DP, Creamy Horse Mouths, TINT<3]
@sucy: in wibbles' case, if a thread or a post was specially terrible and broke one of the few rules that were set, then we'd either remove it altogether or just edit it to subvert the post or thread's initial purpose, often in an attempt to derail said thread

again, that only really happened with actual garbage posts, u can probably guess what im referring to. sometimes instead of being le funny id just snip out a particularly bad part of the post, but that wasnt always as effective
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???