ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
In-game pride flag
As it stands, one can edit their in-game flag to one representing a country (mine being the Ukrainian flag). However — far as I am aware — there is no option to set it to the pride rainbow flag as of this current moment in time, which, in our current day and age, is quite frankly inexcusable. This MUST change.

Yet, incidentally, if the pride flag were to be implemented into the game (as it should be) it raises another issue — one could no longer voice their support for the glorious country of Ukraine in their fight against the wretched Russian dictatorial regime whilst simultaneously supporting the lesbian, gay, transgender, bisexual and queer community. Therefore, I propose that the a secondary flag slot be allotted to the user; thereby allowing the pride flag to be displayed alongside the standard country flag as it is currently positioned.

Thank you very much.
Last edited by NotPonzo; Apr 8, 2022 at 04:11 PM.
Originally Posted by NotPonzo View Post
"hard mode", meaning?

Please do elaborate...

i'm just saying that public servers might get gross
shelby#8266
listen to my music! | commission me!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
#freeskizzify
imo Tb already has some great ways to show your pride with the use of ground textures/body text but i dont think adding another flag slot for a pride flag makes sense at this point because Tb Next might be here soon and if you add a pride flag there are multiple pride flags you would have to add in
Originally Posted by Last View Post

Um, excuse me? How exactly would the in-game implementation of an extra miniature, unobtrusive pride flag slot cause servers to devolve into said "grossness"? Please enlighten me.

Originally Posted by Envy View Post
imo Tb already has some great ways to show your pride with the use of ground textures/body text but i dont think adding another flag slot for a pride flag makes sense at this point because Tb Next might be here soon and if you add a pride flag there are multiple pride flags you would have to add in

Absolutely not; here is why — the aforementioned methods of in-game player customization are locked behind a paywall, which inherently prevents a portion of the community (predominantly newer players), whom many of which may have trouble accumulating the funds necessary to unlock said customisable features. That is not fair. Everyone must be provided an EQUAL opportunity for which they can air their support for the lesbian, gay, transgender, bisexual and queer community — no matter how many toricredits they may or may not own. This is only fair.
Originally Posted by Last View Post

It won't.

To the original point: Yeah, we need to do more for our LGBTQIA+ community members. Will get on it. Perhaps not this exact thing, but we'll do something.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Originally Posted by NotPonzo View Post
Um, excuse me? How exactly would the in-game implementation of an extra miniature, unobtrusive pride flag slot cause servers to devolve into said "grossness"? Please enlighten me.

Absolutely not; here is why — the aforementioned methods of in-game player customization are locked behind a paywall, which inherently prevents a portion of the community (predominantly newer players), whom many of which may have trouble accumulating the funds necessary to unlock said customisable features. That is not fair. Everyone must be provided an EQUAL opportunity for which they can air their support for the lesbian, gay, transgender, bisexual and queer community — no matter how many toricredits they may or may not own. This is only fair.

All i said was there are other ways to show your pride beside the just the pride flag currently in game so i don't think my point should be completely dismissed and i will never disagree on the Tc grind we all hate

Originally Posted by Erth View Post
It won't.

To the original point: Yeah, we need to do more for our LGBTQIA+ community members. Will get on it. Perhaps not this exact thing, but we'll do something.

Agreed mods are pretty on top of that stuff

But Erth just to throw an idea out from my experience back when i started tb before even this account if i remember correctly {correct me if im wrong} we had a moderator named Hitler and made me very reluctant to engage much on forms with the tb community out of worry and my first expression on tb was a full rainbow 128x body set

Maybe having 128x body text standard for all players to have the ability to express themselves in game from the start idk if that means removing it from market but imo it would remove that barrier to entry and help anyone express themselves

just a thought