Toribash
Original Post
Suggestions for 4.3 - e-sports release
Hi,

I'm working on the new 4.3 version, the release is focused on features that make tournaments, duels and spectating more exciting, easier to use.

Currently I have on my todo:
- Ingame opener stats (first use, name, win ratio, who found it first)
- Naming of openers used (if you create a new opener, you can also name it)
- Ingame player stats (join date, games played, win ratio etc)
- Mouse over on joint stats (how close to breaking was the join, how much damage did it take)
- Pause tournament or duel (ops can pause a current match)
- /decaprize 1000
"hampa has added a 1000 TC prize for decapitation"

+ the usual bug fixes and tweaks.

If you have any other competitive features, please post in this thread.
Last edited by hampa; Nov 7, 2012 at 02:32 AM.
Originally Posted by Zireael07 View Post
I would also like to know if it will be possible to play normally without 256 colors if someone has the poor luck of having rubbish drivers for both video cards...

Intel's issue, not ours.
They've made working drivers for Windows 8.
7 vista & XP probably wont get fixed x64 drivers due to being outdated.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by Isolations View Post
Openers are frowned upon?
Aikido rooms don't seem to be as frown filled as they should be then.
All you ever see is the same old decap opener the arm dm opener and the contracted proclap and a few others.
It's going to un up being a race for whoever can claim the opener as theirs. Which is pretty stupid seeing as how the contracted wrist one takes 4 joints to accomplish.
Alot of originality goin' on there for one person to claim don't you think?

He meant Wushu. Imeancomeon... He's snake o;

Also William nice book, when are you getting that published?

I like your suggestions and I will pull them apart later when I am not so tired..
hampa Moderated Message:
nevermind

also, it's effing glOw.
I had a brainwave last night. I believe body parts separated from the Tori should be somehow marked as 'cut off' - maybe made transparent.
On the topic of transparency, it would come useful if my Tori is 'folded up' and I can't tell if I'm clicking on his shoulder or elbow or lumbar or abs or his knee
Also, a reminder upon entering the room about the gravity and whether it is dq yes or dq no would be useful.
Oh, one more thing - would it be possible to have center of mass shown for your Tori, or alternately, some sorts of arrows to tell the direction of movement?
Originally Posted by Zireael07
Oh, one more thing - would it be possible to have center of mass shown for your Tori, or alternately, some sorts of arrows to tell the direction of movement?

Watch, the, ghost, and you'll find out where your tori could head. The centre of mass will always be around the torso/stomach region, as long as the tori has all its limbs. And I'm not sure it has any effect on the tori in this game anyway, other than weighing you down- correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks for the tip.

One more suggestions: toggles for the room list, to see only rooms you can access/all rooms or only rooms with people/all rooms. When I can't read the text due to sucky 256 colors, finding a room to play in is a pain.
well yeah as i said, no need to waste time and effort on openers, better make dismembered limbs go relax and body go relax all after decap.

grab threshold and make grab work like in wii version of toribash

being able to add custom points sytem via modding and thats it. you will refresh toribash and probably make it alive again. all consmetic shit would not make a difference untill something ground breaking will be introduced.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by snake View Post
well yeah as i said, no need to waste time and effort on openers, better make dismembered limbs go relax and body go relax all after decap.

grab threshold and make grab work like in wii version of toribash

being able to add custom points sytem via modding and thats it. you will refresh toribash and probably make it alive again. all consmetic shit would not make a difference untill something ground breaking will be introduced.

I kinda disagree;this feature would be great for sure..specially for people who've been playing this for a while.But, if we're going to released this game for esports then probably what is expected is a surge of new members.So, no doubt..for this release presentation>addition gameplay features.
Your messed up world enthrills me