Toribash
Originally Posted by EJM View Post
Best thing just happened last time I played elise.
You know how the spider Q let's the spiderlings jump from wherever they are to the target?

Well that actually works with the human form W spider, nothing more fun than watching an spider flying in the air exploding on impact.

There were enemy taric and cait with me in the middle. Taric was pretty much almost dead and I was left alone from the teamfight with these two. Seeing that caitlyn was abusing her range, I throw in the spider getting ready to then stun and kill, but she instantly used her E to escape, leaving the spider chasing her (with the spider having a longer life time now that it's chasing).

Wanting to witness something pretty damn funny, I rappelled on the fleeing taric, and Qed him, could've killed him with my basic attacks, but I just wanted to watch.
All of a sudden, the spider I threw at cait, almost ready to impact on her, jumped all the way from next to cait (1st broken enemy mid turret), to taric that just passed the bush to the river.

I really could've killed cait which would've been much better, but it was too exciting for me to see that spider fly for a kill than landing a boring old combo on a squishy caitlyn.

This intrigues me. Gonna try this out to see if I can troll Q after I send a W backwards for surprise spider rape.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I really wish I took more time learning all the roles and better preparing my rune pages for ranked, because I'm barely in series for Bronze IV right now. This being said, Graves is probably one of the best ADCs to carry yourself out of bronze and maybe silver.

75% of the games I have played with him, I have carried my team, win or loss. I'm not affected by losses so much anymore because I literally gained 38 points in 1 win after 2 or 3 losses from 100 points. I carried a 4v5 a while back (troll vayne pick after calling mid, and then leaves), going 18/3. I also went legendary last game I played going somewhere in the 20s and a few deaths. I'm not bragging, I'm just surprised how good Graves is for me, and maybe for some other people. I'm pretty sure the reasoning is that I'm playing again Bronze players, but Graves really is a great ADC and I'd suggest him if you seem to be stuck in soloq hell and think you can carry yourself out.

tl;dr: I'm finally finding some ground in ranked, and even though my win/loss with Graves is 5/7, I've gained way more points than lost.
Just as an example: My average kills with Graves is 9.3, and my average deaths is 5.3. My average creep score per game is 200.

I'll post pics of my recent matches if I can find some.

e: I'm just wondering, how effective are these elixirs that increase your attack damage? I buy at least 2 or 3 per game, maybe more sometimes. It feels like they help a lot in team fights.

Also, not sure how effective my build is, any critique on it, or anything I could do to improve it?

Last edited by Faint; Feb 26, 2013 at 03:51 AM.
Best thing just happened last time I played elise.
You know how the spider Q let's the spiderlings jump from wherever they are to the target?

Well that actually works with the human form W spider, nothing more fun than watching an spider flying in the air exploding on impact.

Pretty old news.
I R IRONMAN
Originally Posted by Faint View Post
I really wish I took more time learning all the roles and better preparing my rune pages for ranked, because I'm barely in series for Bronze IV right now. This being said, Graves is probably one of the best ADCs to carry yourself out of bronze and maybe silver.

75% of the games I have played with him, I have carried my team, win or loss. I'm not affected by losses so much anymore because I literally gained 38 points in 1 win after 2 or 3 losses from 100 points. I carried a 4v5 a while back (troll vayne pick after calling mid, and then leaves), going 18/3. I also went legendary last game I played going somewhere in the 20s and a few deaths. I'm not bragging, I'm just surprised how good Graves is for me, and maybe for some other people. I'm pretty sure the reasoning is that I'm playing again Bronze players, but Graves really is a great ADC and I'd suggest him if you seem to be stuck in soloq hell and think you can carry yourself out.

tl;dr: I'm finally finding some ground in ranked, and even though my win/loss with Graves is 5/7, I've gained way more points than lost.
Just as an example: My average kills with Graves is 9.3, and my average deaths is 5.3. My average creep score per game is 200.

I'll post pics of my recent matches if I can find some.

e: I'm just wondering, how effective are these elixirs that increase your attack damage? I buy at least 2 or 3 per game, maybe more sometimes. It feels like they help a lot in team fights.

At the moment carrying with ADCs isn't that good idea (yes, you can do it, but..). All important ADC items were nerfed and health & attack speed slows are way too good.

There are also way too many point & click gap closers, which usually also have stun/other CC bundled in (yes Vi, I'm looking at your ult here) and in general bruisers are just much stronger than ADCs no matter how fed you are.

That's how the theory goes at least. Yes, you can carry yourself with any role (possibly with support too, even tho that requires godlike luck..), but you just have to know what you are doing.

I personally carried myself with Vayne, winning 20 out of 24 rankeds I played with her.

If you really want to carry yourself, just pick mobile mid with high roaming potential and just win all the lanes and jungle by babysitting them. Preferably someone with CC & late game scaling too.

Are elixirs worth it? Yes. If you have "extra" 250G always get one red elixir. It's instant +120 hp for whatever you might need it. It's great for baiting people, surviving and turning ganks around and great item in general.
Worth the gold, but be patient with elixirs. Do not get over excited and use them on one kill.

Also, if you have a duo support bot lane, it's quite easy to carry out. Me and my irl friend haven't lost our lane when we go bot lane, but we have lost a couple games. That being said, if I could WIN A DAMN PROMO SERIES FOR ONCE, I would be 2/3 ranks up right now.
inq.
Originally Posted by sham View Post
Worth the gold, but be patient with elixirs. Do not get over excited and use them on one kill.

Also, if you have a duo support bot lane, it's quite easy to carry out. Me and my irl friend haven't lost our lane when we go bot lane, but we have lost a couple games. That being said, if I could WIN A DAMN PROMO SERIES FOR ONCE, I would be 2/3 ranks up right now.

Welp, I didn't realize dodging removes you from a series, otherwise I'd be back up to IV. Already won the first match of my series so I'll be back to IV hopefully tomorrow unless I lose 2 in a row or something.

Yeah, I don't just buy elixirs like crazy, I usually buy them if I have some left over money after buying my item set whenever I go back. Really helps to grab some farm early and poke the other adc.

Also, I prefer playing alone, every time I have duoq'ed, it never ends well.

I've been realizing something lately though, I lost 2 games in a row and lost around ~40 points, but I carried that 13/2 with Graves and it literally shot me right back into series. I'm not sure why I grew 40 points in 1 game, nor did I know that was possible, but it sure did happen and I'm glad either way haha.
99 LP at silver 2. ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

then lose the two games after. gg

بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم

Originally Posted by Hippybob View Post
Pretty old news.

NO!!!!
It's not old news until I discover it!

EDIT : How come brand and cait always get a free week together?
Last edited by EJM; Feb 26, 2013 at 10:11 AM.
<&Erth> fagm <&Erth> duck <&Erth> *fuck
Fagm duck fuck everyone.

NO!!!!
It's not old news until I discover it!

EDIT : How come brand and cait always get a free week together?

CONSPIRACY
I'm a fucking professional!
Elixers are used for quick power spikes. Economically, they're one of the best items you can buy for a quick boost. You typically get it for when you're either a) having trouble staying in lane because of harass, or b) want a quick boost for an upcoming event (baron, dragon etc.) but don't have the gold or room to buy another item.

That's when you should get elixers. Any other time and it's starting to reach overkill, which is a waste of gold.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games