Ranking
Yeah,Most of the tourneys I have been to were by Hxc and the prizes were not that bad and the tourney was really fun
How about we all, at the end of the tourney, distribute the prizes amongst all the players? You know, unless you TYRANTS just want to REPRESS us?
Originally Posted by Turtlenecks View Post
How about we all, at the end of the tourney, distribute the prizes amongst all the players? You know, unless you TYRANTS just want to REPRESS us?

I agree with this sir right here

Do it..
the inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
I've avoided sticking my noes in until now as I'll undoubtedly get slaughtered as soon as I post but I fear I can't hold my tongue any longer.

1) Most complaints I see are the whole "Prizes" issue.
While it's something that I appreciate is an issue, to me, it just comes off as a tad selfish.
To win a tournament is much more than just getting an item.
You win the pride, you get to play a fun mod and have fun at the same time, and you represent your clan (if you have one).
To concentrate wholly on the prize just seems to be missing some of the points of tournaments.

On a not unrelated note, I'm not sure what you'd have us do about the prizes?
The sack is stocked with items, to give out ridiculously good items would be, as suggested, ridiculous.
That leaves the rest of whatever is in there, and speaking for myself, the prizes are random from that remaining list.
Let us say that we up the value of all items in the sack, we begin to give out good forces and such.
Prices in the market go down.
Everyone has one.
No longer good value.
You say bad prizes.
back to square 1. Wat do?

On a further personal rant, someone above complained bout getting velvet force for first place?
My first reaction was O.o I'd be well chuffed with such an item, or maybe that's just me...
I digress, however, perhaps we GM's need to be taught a little bit about general market prices and trends in order to keep on top of this - my previous points however stand.
EDIT1: Point is, on the whole, prizes aren't gonna change.

2) The mods.
To summarise in a statement - we can't win.
Host random mods -> why don't you host some official skillful mods?
Host more standardised mods -> OMG no creativity

Given that I have received pretty equal amounts of complaints for both sides, I'd say we're balancing it pretty evenly.
However, maybe another poll is in order to see what you guys are enjoying.
Double however, a lot of the guys that vote on that rarely get ingame, so reducing the overall validity of the poll so... Feh.

I think there's a lot to be said for Sprytryne's post here:
Originally Posted by Sprytryne
And in my opinion, I think it's a lot more interesting if the mods used are variations of default mods like aikidopyramid1.tbm or judoarena.tbm etc.

I like this idea and once I get back to full activity will try and do some of these variations.
I'll be talking to a few trusted individuals about which mod variations would be good.

3) The total players seems to be a small issue raised in this thread.
I dunno how many it used to be, but when I was first trained in February of 2011, Korvin went through a lot of the theory with me, and that's the theory I still use today.
Roughly 22-26 clients for my tourneys. Possibly down to 18 if I simply don't have a huge amount of time, yet want to do something quick - surely better than nothing?
furthermore, larger events such as having a maxclient of maybe 28 or up greatly increases the chances of ghosting, and the servers are pretty temperamental as it is
This is imo unrelated to the mods as calu suggested.

I'm now gonna go on to talk/rebuttle a few notable posts from this thread.

Originally Posted by f4ri20701 View Post
do trivia's in GMTourneys to satisfy the specs to keep things spicy in the room

This is something that seems more popular with the newer gm's and is something (possibly a failing of mine) that I've never really taken to.
Depending on what one uses as prizes, it's a good way to clear some of the terribly low value items from the sack (one's I'd call very harsh for end-game prizes) - but that's a pretty bad reason to be giving away prizes imo; just to get rid of them.
The use of TC is something that is always suggested yet 2 things spring from this.
1) The reason we don't use tc prizes + we won't send tc from magicalsack
2) Not all GM's are rich, this myth has stemmed pretty much entirely from Firebolty being the richest fgt around. People seem surprised when I tell them I have a few thousand creds, which are hard(ish) earned, and I'd like to maybe spend on myself - I only add that final bit as I've in the past been complained at for not using my personal tc to fund stuff... Wut?

Originally Posted by Oofun4
I wonder , when we ask he much the prizes , we get punished too /: when we are being sarcastic .. Mostly ban .. Are GMes whole another human species of cold blooded or ?

Sarcasm on the internet rarely works. It comes across as dumb a lot of the time, intended or otherwise.
The Gm's can rarely distinguish between you joking about the rules or genuinely being a jackass.
It's best to find your fun in areas that can't be misconstrude.
Again, speaking purely for myself, I use 1 rule only (kinda 2 but meh):
Don't be an ass, if i ask you to stop something, you stop it.
It works, I think, people seem to be less inclined to break the rules when there is 1 very general all encompasing rule. Personal preference plays it's part here and is down to the hoster.
EDIT2: ^Elaborating on what Tarlan mentioned earlier.
Originally Posted by Fenris
My reasons for not bothering to come to tourneys are mostly because most gm's act like assholes, when you talk friendly to them it seems like you're a inferior being, and when you ask questions they get mad.

This is something I'd like to hear more about via pm actually.
I fear that not smiling/joking around when explaining/repeating can be taken as harsh or stern.
Like this post, I'm far from angry or anything, but I'm simply talking professionally and not using smilies as the situation calls for me to act as such.

Finally reiterating the boss man here:
Originally Posted by Uric
Oblivion explained the situation with prizes perfectly. We cannot hand out high valued items all the time or the economy will die. Likewise with generated TC. All we get is items and TC from banned accounts, that's it. All other comes from our own pockets.

What I want to find out is what will make what we do more enjoyable for you guys? Prizes aside, otherwise feel free to donate so that we can use TC as prizes.
In my eyes it's more about having fun than earning TC.

Now let's change the whole direction of what this thread has turned into. Away from negative feedback and abuse directed toward the GMs, and more suggestions and ideas that will likely be considered.

Oblivion's relavant post

All of this comes from personal experience/opinions and is i'm in no way speaking for the whole team here.

P.S Thank you Wesmrocks, appreciation is a rarity and plays a large part in motivation for the older gm's.
Last edited by Erth; Jan 9, 2013 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Correction/adding stoofs
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Better prizes are not necessary, I just think it would be great to have some way to make sure that 1st place doesn't get anything super shitty, like narrowing the range of items between the already available.
Erth: (I'm not going to quote that) I think a lot of people appreciate the work the GMs do. In a thread like this though, where you're asking for comments and constructive ideas, you're not going to be getting many compliments ;)

My only real problem: the tournaments are getting repetitive. Each one has mostly the same people, same slew of mods, same feel. I personally would like to see some variation with regards to mod rules, decap prize-type deals, etc. I don't have a solution to offer at this time, really, but I'd like to point out what I've noticed.

We love you guys.
Gamemaster -- Need help? Click here!
I'm like... supposed to advocate for Team Aikido or something. Click that link if you're great at aikido.
:0 I just had a flash back
Why did GMes stopped hosting other kinds of events (except tournament) I saw Tarlan doing hot seat yesterday .. Small change to taste , I want or (we) want new hosting styles ,Like who decap the GM gets random prize or , who get more than 300K in aikido,tbm wins a random prize.
Poop poop poop shit shit piss pussy pear-shaped person peice of shit
Yes, most of the tourneys sucks, nuff said! #1 Gms don't chat friendlly, so there is no good atmosphere in the tourney. #2 Most of tourneys has very poor prizes. #3 Me have not gud gramarical.
Last edited by Mccqa; Jan 12, 2013 at 09:21 PM.
@oofun4: We already have that kind of tourney just weren't host it cause of bank restock and other problems. Be vigilant we are about to bring it back ;)
Hosted >3000 events b4 you even was born.
MY SUPER ART SHOP IS OPEN AGAIN