Toribash
Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
You call America malevolent. These people(terrorists) go out there with the intention to murder as many as possible. US troops do not go out to the field thinking "I'ma kill me as many of them muslim 'terrorists' as possible". US troops actually hope to entirely avoid conflict. Would you want some crazy idiots running at you holding 5 gernades with the pins on their pinkies? America has good intentions, in terms of allowing the people to 'have a choice'. Osama Bin Laden was not only behind a single attack. He funded every single attack on innocence that has ever been taken by Al Qaeda. Talk about malevolent intentions.

I don't either. But when you set rules into place, and they don't follow them in a warzone, they die. Would anyone else give us less of a restriction?

A million seems to be a number that you just pulled out of your ass. Civilian casualties and insurgent kills fall into a similar category, and sometimes, are unable to be distinguished. Also, 'slaughtered' does not seem like a good work to describe civilian deaths in the hunt for Bin Laden.

Why do you assume the military has anything to do with american culture? Treating people in what way, per say? You are not a troll for disagreeing with me, you are a troll for disagreeing with me with the intent of being an insensitive asshole.

One person with malevolent intentions, and an established institution wishing to protect its citizens are two very different things. Bin Laden's motives were sheerly to cause death. Ours were not.

I love the words of a die hard patriot. The irony in these statements would be funny if I didn't suspect you were dead serious.

One, you seem to be under the impression that these are a bunch of maniacs running around with the sole intent to spill blood. These are people who believe in their cause, and that their violence is justified for the sake of their cause. This is no different from almost any other American. Americans believe that they are fighting a war on terrorism, and therefore that makes their violence against another person justified for them. Islamist terrorist groups believe that they are fighting against an oppressive Western regime, and therefore their violence is justified in their eyes.

Two, YOU set rules, why do THEY have to follow them? Or maybe THEY set the rules, and YOU are just being a sore loser when you can't play to the rules. This is a guerilla war, and America is tramping around like a moron, doing the exact opposite of what it needs to do to win a guerilla war, by fighting a conventional war. By doing so, they're guarenteed to kill more civilians than enemy combatants. So actually, your "rules" are more fake than the reason we started this war in the first place. The real rules are being played by the enemy, and America is too clueless to adapt to the new ruleset.

Three, you just equated civilian deaths to combatant deaths. That's just plain retarded of you. Civilian =/= combatant regardless of the situation. Just because you can't distinguish between the two, doesn't mean they are one and the same. Using that logic, you might as well just nuke the country and call it a job well done. After all, all those Muslims looked so darn similar, you might as well kill them all just to be safe.

Four, I'm not even going to try explaining how American culture is influenced by the military. If you can't see it by now by yourself, you're either blind and deaf, or have your head stuck in the sand.

Five, Osama isn't trying to protect his fellow citizens? Again, you have to understand the insurgency before you start mouthing off about them. They are fighting against Western influence, therefore they view this "war" America started as an invasion. Fighting against this invading force is the only way they can protect their citizens from the Western taint in their eyes.

Six, of course America's motives weren't only to cause death. There's a lot of oil there too. It's no coincidence that all the oil contracts for the region were switched from Russian and Chinese companies to British and American companies after the invasion. America is anything but angelic in this conflict.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games