Ranking
Original Post
[OFRO] The Malmoth Cup

The Malmoth Cup is an iconic event of the French Toribash community. Invented by Melmoth himself, it used to be the event which distinguished the great players from the good players. Today, the Official French Org is proud to announce that for the first time ever, the Malmoth Cup will be open to the whole toribash community. Get ready folks, because it's gonna be the ride of your life!

Brought to you by the Official French Organisation (OFRO)

This year, we brought a twist to the cup. Previous versions tested the players solely in the realm of singleplayer. This year, we are exploiting both multiplayer and singleplayer to "bake" a vast majority of events testing all the attributes a Toribash player could dream of having! The objective is simple, complete the task assigned to you each round and please the judges. The winner will become a spiritual son of Melmoth and follow in his footsteps to ascend to glory.

The event will be composed of 4 trials. Each trial will be drastically different. Some of them are Replay Events and some of them are Muliplayer Matches!

Trial 1
Trial 2
Trial 3
Last Trial

Rules are very simple:
- No replay hacking
- All replays must be new
- Respect the Deadlines
- Send 1k tc (1000 tc) to Flosax before AUGUST 6th in order to participate

Failure to follow these rules will get you disqualified.

Initial Prizes (Subject to Increase)

1st place: The winner of the cup will be rewarded with the following prize:
200,000 tc + Item from the GM Team (see below)

2nd Place: The player who finishes in second place will be rewarded with the following prize:
100,000 tc

Top 5: The top 5 players will be rewarded with the following prizes:
20,000 tc

Donations

However, you Flosax, yes you, can choose the number of participants who gets a prize ! Indeed, near the end of the event, depending on the amount of donations, we may be able to increase the total amount of players receiving prizes!

To encourage donations, whoever makes a sizable donation in terms of items or a donation of 50k+ tc will receive a place in our Partner Section which includes your avatar and a custom message! To add to the excitment, your name will also be golden & bold in the donation box! ALL DONATIONS ARE TO BE SENT TO FLOSAX!

Donation Box

Here is the donation box, where we show all the Donations and who sent them. This box will be used in the prize pool all throughout the event.

Donation Box

GM Team Sponsering

But wait, there is more! As part of the GM Event Sponsering program, we have the privelege of offering the winner of the cup the following item, courtesy of the GM team!:

Prize Box

To sum it all up, here is the Prize Box, which is an overview of all the prizes which are up for grab (not for the weak and timid)!

Prize Box

OFRO
Larfen

Special thanks

- Thanks to Mocucha for producing the promotion video!
- Thanks to HolyButler for doing everything art related minus the forum header for this event!
- Thanks to Toribash Radio for advertising our event
- Thanks to Larfen for joining helping us judge the event!

Participants

Participants

Our partners, without who it would of been impossible to host an event this big!

Toribash Radio

Don't forget to tune in to Toribash Radio for the best rythms of all Toribash!

GM Team

Got an ingame issue? Contact a Gamemaster & don't forget to read the Rules!
Want someone to give you a hand at funding your events? Take part of the GM Event Sponsering program!

Melmoth

Toribash's Malmouth!

Vittu

I don't always give away Tc, but when I do it's a lot.

vins84

Last edited by Flosax; Aug 7, 2014 at 03:17 PM.
Will send the prizes asap :
I'm Melmoth's Spiritual Son (won The Malmoth Cup) - 200 000 tc + jiyu dreads
I pleased Melmoth three times (won 3rd round) - 100 000 tc
La raison du meilleur est toujours la plus forte (3rd round best replay) - 5000 tc
Melmoth in the school (Best average rating, 3rd round) - 5000 tc
I pleased Melmoth twice (won 2nd round) - 7500 tc + random mid/high value items in the prize box
6*Rec.Malmoth (Mocucha Vid) - 2000 tc
I pleased Melmoth once (won 1st round) - 1000 tc + random low/mid value items in the prize box
I sent a replay (1st round) - Random low value items in the prize box

I'm Melmoth's Spiritual Son : 
Dropkick

La raison du meilleur est toujours la plus forte (3rd round best replay) :
Dropkick

Melmoth in the school (Best average rating, 3rd round) :
pusga

I pleased Melmoth three times (won 3rd round) :
pusga
Dropkick

I pleased Melmoth twice (won 2nd round) :
poop
Luminusian
Xaeon
FistOfLife
pusga
LeB3ast
Life
Fade
Demini
Dropkick

6*Rec.Malmoth (Mocucha Vid) :
Marrez
jclark
hayabusa8
pusga
Dropkick
MrJingles

I pleased Melmoth once (won 1st round) : 
Luminusian 
DropKick
Hayabusa8 
MrJignles1 
MinerIE 
dreojs 
poop 
Demini 
Marrez 
pusga 
jclark 
Xaeon 
LeB3ast 
Miyako 
joope1 
Fade 
Cliff1020 
tomibash 
Life 
FistOfLife

I sent a replay (1st round) : 
Luminusian
DropKick 
Hayabusa8 
MrJignles1 
MinerIE 
dreojs 
poop 
Demini 
Marrez 
pusga 
jclark 
Xaeon 
LeB3ast 
Miyako 
joope1 
Fade 
Cliff1020 
tomibash 
Life 
FistOfLife 
Nerfpls 
Zotac210 
rot3ex
rcarey 
MrSneaky 
Concon19 
Grim 
Cold 
rehawk14
CPUX 
Toxic 
Cadbury69 
FBI40 
Taikamies 
judd666 
imdabous1 
100pinto 
F4R3 
Mathias
wow that is a lot of stuff to be sent. the hosts should be congratulated aswell for hosting something like this
oh yeah
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
wow that is a lot of stuff to be sent. the hosts should be congratulated aswell for hosting something like this

Thanks

TC sent, you'll receive the items soon.
Originally Posted by pusga View Post

Handful of us made this a possibility and I think we are all really glad of how well it went. Was a pretty long process and was worked on for ~6 months before it was released. The concept emerged 2 years ago.

Back when this was on the drawing board we didn't know if we would get enough participants. Then when we started throwing out concepts for the 3rd trial, we got really scared that the players wouldn't participate. It's also pretty long to brainstorm so many ideas.

We also ran into a complete overhaul 2 days before launch or so to add a better atmosphere to the event. We also had a lot of trouble finding artists.

Thank you for participating. I doubt this is going to be an annual thing because it requires a lot of preparation but I can't eliminate the possibility of it comming back in a few years!
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!
Loved this event & had lots of fun. Thanks so much for hosting even tho round 3 was slightly tedius with the amount of replays ;)
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...