Toribash
Original Post
Toribash 3.9 development
Hi,

For those who want to test the alpha releases and follow development of 3.9 I will post updates here:

Here is the first alpha release. This is ONLY the exe file. Put it into your current toribash directory to test.
https://cache.toribash.com/tb-3.9-1.zip

New features I am testing in this build:
- Real time ray tracing - enable it in options. works with GeForce 9800 GT
- Shaders menu (open with ctrl-h)
- Reflective non-shader bodyparts/joints
Last edited by hampa; Mar 25, 2010 at 08:34 AM.
place the file into your toribash directory and run it there

it needs the files installed during setup, its not a standalone program
I still don't understand where to put it.
Custombelt | I'm back after 5 years! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PM me if your selling items, buying anything and everything!
When you download the file, you place it in the Toribash folder that you have. for example if you have the toribash 3.88, you go where you have your Toribash-3.88 folder, open it, then you just put the file you downloaded there and you run the exe toribash 9.1
BirdFlu's storage and sales account
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I get 60 fps no problem with ray-tracing on, 30 when its set on 30.

When I (accidentally) set it to full screen, then tried to return to normal windowed, tb crashed. Heads are gray with no ray-tracing on, etc.. Overall nice.

I love the new shader interface by the way.

Lua script error in file startup.lua: cannot open 27-03-2010 10:26:13 Initializing ToriUpdate
: No such file or directory
Raytracing not supported
Fluid blood supported (level 4 of 4)
Ambient Occlusion + Bumpmapping supported (level 12 of 12)
Buffer 0 is dimensions 240 135
Buffer 1 is dimensions 2048 2048

stderr says ray-tracing is not supported, but i'm at 60fps. Curious..
Last edited by Pirate_old; Mar 27, 2010 at 03:32 PM.
The shaders menu is very useful. I think those glossy joints are way too shiny without shaders. I mean it really, it makes your nice textures a mess. I would decrease the shine, a lot.

With shaders, the raytracing looks neat. Maybe it's also a little too glossy, but not as much as without shaders. Also, the raytracing uses a lot of power. I have an ATI gpu (HD4770) so maybe because of that?

When we will get in-game antialiasing options?
Texturing tutorial
No requests please
this sucks, badly, i cant see textures unless i either have shaders off, or i have ray trace on, non-shaders look like shit, and raytrace makes my computer lag into hell. is there anyway you'd be adding textures to non-ray trace so people could see them with just normal shaders? not the shit shaders? ;-; and nonshaders is WAY to reflective, at times i can barely see my textures, and just shaders the gradients are to dark ;_;
im running nvidia 250gts so i dont think these glitches are graphics card related but thought i should point them out. opening a replay file from out of the game makes the game play a bit of the replay then crash and the /lp command makes the game crash (only tried it once so not 100% sure about it)
Drinking coffee and not contributing to society are just two of my many talents.
sorry if this double posts but my 1st post disappeared on my screen
Originally Posted by lucasequi View Post
i cant see textures in it and i have GEFORCE 9500

i know the same thing happened with me. but all you have to do is either deactivate shaders or enable ray tracing (if supported)
also i have a few glitches(btw running geforce 250gts): /lp command causes game to crash for me and starting a replay while the game is quit (like opening a rpl file directly after downloading it) the game crashes after playing the replay or during the replay
nice work though, especially for an alpha
Drinking coffee and not contributing to society are just two of my many talents.