Toribash
@Anaklusmos: It's basically impossible to play Toribash in the same way unless you follow tutorials or use the exact same moves over and over. It's one of the things that makes it awesome, you create your own moves by improvisation most of the time. I've introduced several people to the game and all of them play it different ways, so I'm judging by that experience.

@Gotkicks2 and Lynx: Oh, you now approve of being harsh to people. Nice to see I'm not the only one anymore. I'm a man who appreciates effort , so if someone shows promise and is really trying to get in this clan, I'm more likely to give a yes. However,that only applies when the application is filled correctly. Rules are rules. Also, I don't get why people feel like they need to fill the "Special skills" thing. Maybe we should include a line explaining that they could say "None". Realistically, If I were to apply right now, I would have to type "None" , since I don't consider myself particularly skilled in any area that would have significance in Toribash.

As for playstyle, improvisation ability would be my only requirement outside of basic fighting skills which any blackbelt should possess. But that is easier to do in sparring, se they should be encouraged to post sparring replays.
Last edited by lordtiger; Jan 21, 2012 at 06:44 PM.
One of three leaders of [Hunters]. Chat? Identify yourself: https://discord.gg/ZHdJfAT
@ Lordtiger: By unusual I meant something we don't have much of in the clan, or we don't have at all. So let's say you have an essay and can write about whatever topic you want. And I'm the examiner. It's really boring if I read things I already know over and over again. Instead, do something DIFFERENT. .
My kicks will give you U-NO-POO.
Hunters - Trespassers will be pwned.
I totally think we sould be harder on people that are trying to join. We don't need more "decent" players that are just another brick in the wall (as gotkicks said). And yes Anak i think we need diffrent player.
Agreed being tougher on those who apply , it shouldnt be easy ot get in this clan and showing the ability to spar properly is a good way to see there real skills . Every one in this clan can hold there own in just about any style of mod so the players who want in will have to match that .
Why sparring?
Can't they just show us their best replay?
Not all "good" players can spar well.
I might be pretty decent at making madman replays every now and then, but I can't spar for poop...
yah, sparring is too.. well difficult.. I prefer just checking their skills in different mods, for example taekkyon, running, aikido and lenshu
all of them are different enough to see how all-rounders they really are
A proud ex-leader of the mighty [Hunters]
*click*
If you would have to be good in sparring in order to join, I would have to leave; my sparring skills are almost not existing.
Sparring is basicly making moves look realistic and fluid, wich sure is a skill but does not all the times make a great player. Sure i can spar decent but i am not better then 2pro or Pitcher in most mods. If the applier says that they are good in replay making I must say sparring is a big part of that. (Unless they say "I am good at making madmans", wich is mostly patience and knowing where the punches and kicks dm the most.)

NO SPARRING SKILLS NEEDED. (My opinion :P )
I must agree with that.
-----
But we should still be extra harsh on people right?
Last edited by Gotkicks2; Feb 18, 2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[Hunters] Pack Elder | Events squad leader | RSO | MMO
Gotkicks2
EXTRA, nope. just pick up only the good ppl. I mean.. We are already rejecting ppl almost as skillful as most of our members..
A proud ex-leader of the mighty [Hunters]
*click*