Toribash
The united states is making sure they have a foothold on being a super power thats
why we went to war thats why we are still over there
If we have the oil we have a stranglehold on every other country
No oil = no transpotation = no food
Civialization itself dies with no oil .
This is what i believe to be true.
[Evil][OLDA][wl][pro pot]
Originally Posted by Quanta View Post
I'll say China. They are a big country, and they are advanced in technologies. Their country are running well, too.

Ditto. They are one powerful country. China/Japan- Really good with technology.
BAD LUCK
^Well...more population equals less richness due to more money going to the people who actually work...and china is well over populated so there are chances of more poorness due to more poor people in China.

My vote goes to India...or Europe.
....Dunno....
Well... Uh... Europe is a continent. Not a country.

The US currently has the best GDP per capita. England has the best currency.
And the US is not the only "superpower". Russia, China and some European nations are pretty powerful countries.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
Originally Posted by EpikTh0rn View Post
The US currently has the best GDP per capita. England has the best currency.
And the US is not the only "superpower". Russia, China and some European nations are pretty powerful countries.

True, though I'm pretty sure that he means apex country by "superpower". England does have a wonderful economy, though its military strength isn't what it used to be.
Well... Uh... Europe is a continent. Not a country.

Thank god someone finally pointed that out.

The US currently has the best GDP per capita.

Nope, Luxembourg. The US has the greatest gross GDP.

England has the best currency.

Ah, no? If you're talking about exchange rates (which doesn't have much to do with economic strength) then I think Qatar has the best x:USD rates.

The USA has been the global superpower since World War 2. Even at it peak the USSR (not Russia) wasn't as strong as the USA. China has only been a global player for around 20 years and is only now establishing itself as a global leader. The European nations were strong back in the days of colonialism (the former British was the largest ever) but in modern times they simply lack the population to truly challenge the more powerful nations.
> Thread glorifying military strength

US may be a couple of trillion dollars in debt, but at least they can still randomly invade people.

India will never become a superpower because they are not warmongering. Russia would not because they don't roll that way any more. China could, but funnily enough they are not very warmongering any more anyway. China will exert their control economically anyway, seeing as their economy is dastardly strong.

I don't think anyone really has any interested in having a shitload of guns.

Seriously the whole "whoever has the most phallic symbols guns is best" thing sickens me.
Last edited by Gorman; Dec 16, 2010 at 05:29 AM.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
My vote goes to China.
The reason for this is that they manufacture huge amounts of things for other countries, since those countries have their factories in China due to it being cheaper and there being a huge workforce handily available at negligible cost.
What happens then, if China decides to suddenly turn around and say "we're not going to have our people make stuff for you anymore"?
The US nuking them for their disobedience isn't exactly profitable, since that ensures that they will never work for them again (survivors or not) and doesn't fix the problem of the massive lack of needed items. Threatening to nuke them might work, should they not realise the previous statement.

Also, for added "nightmare fuel" go around your house and find out how many items have "made in China" on them.
(Less serious: "Oh God no! No more Happy Meal toys! The main selling point of the unsatifying meal! We're going to lose the 60% of our customers that are kids being bought happy meals! We'll go bankrupt!"
Indeed, China has made itself too useful to fight against.
When I see you, my heart goes DOKI⑨DOKI
Fish: "Gorman has been chosen for admin. After a lengthy discussion we've all decided that Gorman is the best choice for the next admin."
Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
Indeed, China has made itself too useful to fight against.

The chances of there being any large scale conflict between powerful nations is incredibly low. The world is far too inter-dependent for any country to risk war. Plus nuclear weapons and all that jazz being a huge deterrent.