Toribash
I'd appreciate if someone with experience in weapon mods could help me with this mod. I "joint" the objects but they wobble around and don't stay together. I tried playing with the "axis" of the joint but it doesn't seem to make a difference. What do?
Attached Files
gladius99.tbm (3.0 KB, 4 views)
Env_joints have always been kinda flimsy, especially if they have to hull around heavy object with any speed. If you've ever played Gary's Mod and tried gluing a bunch of stuff together then moved it around, you'll know what I mean. When making weapons, less is generally better, since there are less things to hull around and less joints to be weird and stretchy. So making huge complicated things that all move can be difficult. Try messing with the mass of the env_objects or removing excess pieces and joints.

That being said things may have changed since I've done any modding and I'm not able to open it in TB atm. So take it with a grain of salt.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
I'd appreciate if someone with experience in weapon mods could help me with this mod. I "joint" the objects but they wobble around and don't stay together. I tried playing with the "axis" of the joint but it doesn't seem to make a difference. What do?

Well for one thing the grip size is too big and that's causing the handle of the sword to glitch in and out of the hand. Also I think the masses of all the objects are too big. You could try making everthing with mass = 0.0001. But what do you mean they don't stay together? It seems fine to me.
Thanks MrPoptrart & MacSparrow. I made the grip smaller and now handle doesn't pop out anymore (didn't occur to me that that was the reason). Now gonna try decreasing mass to make it wobble less when being swung.
It would be really nice to have that feature but I think all we can do right now is make some kind of belt or strap and attach the object to the strap.
^ I don't think that's possible.

Anyway, another question... As soon as I make an object static, it no longer causes damage when tori bumps into it. Is there any way I could change that? I want a static object to cause damage when bumped into, just as non-static objects do.