Ranking
I've been reading Kauko Röyhkä's books recently, he's finnish writer/musician, I doubt any of you know him as his books haven't been translated to any other language. Currently reading his book called Ocean City.
Last edited by Teurastaja; Nov 15, 2009 at 12:31 AM.
I used to read so much more, but nowadays I've gotten lazier about it. The other reason is that I've raised my bar, and ran out of Darren Shan.

I used to read whatever was handy, even shitty childrens'/teenagers' books (Adrian Mole, Bert... shit, basically), and I hadn't finished the cirque du freak canon by Darren Shan.

The book I last finished was Lord of the Rings (the copy I've got is the 50th anniversary edition... didn't read all the appendices though). That's mostly why I even posted, to boast about it .

Right now I'm reading Veikko Huovinen's Veitikka, a humorous ironic depiction of Hitler's life, although it's pretty much a documentary under the aforementioned shell. Probably not all that well-known outside Finland though.

I'll probably start reading the Demonata series sometime when a few more books have come out (I'd hate having to wait for each and every one separately, like Harry Potter all over again).

Also, I've been planing (meh, fantasizing, but let's not let facts interrupt a good post) about reading classics like the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy followups (read the first), whatever that Dostoyevsky chap wrote, Catcher in the rye, more of Sherlock Holmes (read The hound of the Baskervilles), Hercule Poirot, and all the others I can't remember...

But that's just planning, and as such already slightly off-topic, so I'm stopping before I digress to something completely different.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
Originally Posted by Archlurps View Post
I used to read so much more, but nowadays I've gotten lazier about it. The other reason is that I've raised my bar, and ran out of Darren Shan.

I used to read whatever was handy, even shitty childrens'/teenagers' books (Adrian Mole, Bert... shit, basically), and I hadn't finished the cirque du freak canon by Darren Shan.

The book I last finished was Lord of the Rings (the copy I've got is the 50th anniversary edition... didn't read all the appendices though). That's mostly why I even posted, to boast about it .

Right now I'm reading Veikko Huovinen's Veitikka, a humorous ironic depiction of Hitler's life, although it's pretty much a documentary under the aforementioned shell. Probably not all that well-known outside Finland though.

I'll probably start reading the Demonata series sometime when a few more books have come out (I'd hate having to wait for each and every one separately, like Harry Potter all over again).

Also, I've been planing (meh, fantasizing, but let's not let facts interrupt a good post) about reading classics like the Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy followups (read the first), whatever that Dostoyevsky chap wrote, Catcher in the rye, more of Sherlock Holmes (read The hound of the Baskervilles), Hercule Poirot, and all the others I can't remember...

But that's just planning, and as such already slightly off-topic, so I'm stopping before I digress to something completely different.

I read, and loved, the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy series, and i heartily recommend them to you. The rest of them, that is.
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Rereading On Liberty by John Mills. A book about how great capitalism is- and a great read (worth it twice). Puts Marx to shame, that's for sure
Last edited by hydrotoxin; Nov 18, 2009 at 03:01 AM.
[Piratez]
I am neither Oyster nor lsl.
Originally Posted by hydrotoxin View Post
On Liberty by John Mills. A book about how great capitalism is- and a great read. Puts Marx to shame, that's for sure

You posted that a week ago!

Anyways im still reading my book
Olda | Clan [Element] | Black Belt