Ranking
Well, the U.S. would be lucky to be able to maintain our superpowers for 1 whole year. After the downfall of our economy, China or Japan would be the countries to thrive with their meteorite specialties.
BAD LUCK
china china china china.
It's true.
Their economy is booming like hell. (No racist its just a figure of speech lmao)
Not Japan.
They have a steady and strong economy, yes, but their GDP isn't growing because they are leading the technology charge but not profiting off of it.

Not India.
They are way too big and over populated to focus on economic growth and carry it out well.

Yes China.
China had closed themselves off untill the last few decades, opening the floodgates to new ideas, technology, and culture. This allowed them to rapidly utilize their population and now they are going at an insane rate. They are already past japan and closing in on the USA fast.
A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
Originally Posted by Jimbobwe View Post
Yes China.
China had closed themselves off untill the last few decades, opening the floodgates to new ideas, technology, and culture. This allowed them to rapidly utilize their population and now they are going at an insane rate. They are already past japan and closing in on the USA fast.

i think they have already passed usa because the us is in a very bad situation including he wikileaks and the little money they have. China is communist so you cant really steal from the government and everybody knows what hey have to do. And they are making money off of he us wih their cheap products
Purity Of Essence
That didn't make any sense haha.

Money is power.

USA has a GDP of 15 trillion, china is 5 trillion and growing.
A certain recluse, I know not who, once said that no bonds attached him to this life, and the only thing he would regret leaving was the sky.
Unfortunately I think the U.S.A. would try their darndest to murder the crap out of any other rising superpowers or at least Ally with them and have policies which keep the other country from growing bigger than they are. Hell, they might even invade and conquer them if they had to.

As mentioned earlier however, China does not have to put up with this problem. This is because they are extremely useful to the US (and other countries)because they have a vast and cheap workforce to manufacture things for them. This would mean that without China, the economy would effectively collapse for practically everyone (maybe a bit exaggerated?). And so China grows and climbs the ladder and the US can't (or won't) do anything about it.
When China approaches the US in terms of power, I think the US will want to do something about it, but can't for fear of the consequences of hostile actions (China has nukes) and I think we'll all agree that an alliance between the US and the Chinese is nigh impossible. If anything it's the Chinese that will take action. For all we know they don't care about the US - the US doesn't make much for them right? All the US would be to China is a giant threat. And Russia would probably support China if they were to take actions against the US too.

Also, I think Russia would become the next #1 superpower if something awful were to happen to the US right now, at this moment in time.
Over time with no horrific events however, I continue to believe it would be China.
Last edited by 4zb41; Jan 7, 2011 at 11:28 AM.
Not as many seem to be saying England as I expected.

Everyone is saying China and Russia. The only thing China and Russia has on us is military. And Russia doesn't even have that, really. England is rich and has a good military, along with powerful(?) allies. England also has a relatively good economy.

The only chance China or Russia has of overtaking us is if we fall to ourselves, another country or one of them.
Omnia Mori
sed Evici Amor
^Then again England (as a country) would be much more easily disposed of with a nuclear strike than the US, China or Russia. Unfortunately :|
Last edited by 4zb41; Jan 9, 2011 at 05:29 AM.