Toribash
Originally Posted by souldevilj View Post
Kristis you make me want to cry
Finally the weekend, time to go up a division now I have time to play

Please cri more.

Will try to reach gold in the next week or two. Wish me luck.
~Rainbow Belt|[Tint]|Rank 32~
\:D/ RAINBOW PANDAAAAA \:D/
~GameMaster|BISH|GameGrad|ORMO|ToriPrime L-Mod~

ZinxGlowToastBondyLoxSwyneErth
[Bsns][Fr3styL][Colon3][One][SyN][Rvng]

Toribash World Championship 2011 Runner Up

<AlphasoniK> Kristis: What the fuck is wrong with you, rainbow loving panda freak.
Seriously, try to piss standing up for a change. No life girly pants dimwit.

Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I'm gonna try my hand at designing some champs and posting them in Riot's suggestions forum.

- warning. large post explaining some ideas looking for some cc -

I've always thought Viktor would try to one-up Blitz and create a new, more aggressive golem to prove his superior design. That's what I'm currently trying to flesh out. I'm using some stuff about electricity, magnetism, and gravity I heard while watching Neil DeGrasse Tyson as a basis behind his skill theming. He would be a bruiser jungler, with a mechanic called polarity that influences his basic abilities, and a gravity themed cc ult. I'm trying to figure out how to balance multiple effects on abilities without relying on a transform ult, so I'm contemplating making him have a toggle spell in his q which drains mana to enter negative polarity, with positive polarity being up by default. Or maybe like jax's w and blitz's w combined, where it has a benefit from activation for x seconds, but it can be cancelled early for one negative polarity spell, with a reduced activated effect for the remaining time. His passive would compensate for higher mana costs by increasing mana regeneration in some way (flat mana on autos is tricky to balance, and flat or percent increase mana regen from autos could be ineffectual) from auto attacks, placeholder name for it of Mechanical Efficiency (referencing some Viktor quotes).

I'm also thinking some poison-based melee assassin. We have lots of poison ranged champs, and singed going huehuehue as poison tank, but our closest to snake poison is cass, and it just doesn't match what I imagine of a poisonous snake. This would be somebody who is highly mobile, but whittles you down through persistent lashing strikes, until finally landing a coup-de-grace where the poison just eats away at you quickly enough to fulfill assassin role, but slowly enough to watch your champion die the inevitable death. Rather than be that snake in the bush, invis style, assassin, I imagine it more like a mythical snake charmer. The motions mesmerize, and it becomes like a dance between you and the snake. It strikes quickly, and retreats faster to let it's poison do it's work. It would take a fast mind and a faster hand to stop it from slowly wasting you away.

I'm interested in your opinions on what I've brainstormed so far, as I'm wondering a lot on the polarity mechanic, and whether slow death assassin isn't the right direction, as I've also been thinking anti-tank poison, like percent current health poison combined with various debuffs. I still want the kiting mechanic, but a cripple the strong type of play sounds interesting as well, as there are several assassins with a slow death feel, like zed's ult and fizz's w, but there's really only trundle for a cohesive anti-tank feel, with a few smatterings of anti-tank scattered over a couple champions.

I'll post a link to the thread if I ever get it finished. And yes, this is a long post. It's not like riot designs and explains their champions in long paragraphs because they want to, but because it's impossible to do so otherwise. If I can't flesh it out, it's likely it won't be taken seriously.

I think I just predicted this a month ago. I was literally daydreaming about a champion that looked like Malzahar with polarity, magnetic, and gravitational powers. Coincidence? I think not. If this ever becomes a reality, you can bet that I'll play the shit out of it.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Honestly the polarity guy sounds like Flux from HoN
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
-long response post, you don't have to read unless you're interested in how I'm using my freetime in questionable pursuit of getting a champion I design into league-

I'm not sure if you missed the part when I said I was coming up with it, not rito, or if your message has been lost in translation somewhere, mixed messages were received when I read it :s

Also, I've never played HoN, so I looked up this Flux person. Different style, his is push pull carry orientated, mine is, hopefully, tanky melee initiation. I recognized that making another grab orientated person is unlikely to pass, risks being too op or too similar to Blitz, which defeats the purpose of making a new champ. So I made him almost the exact opposite, he comes to you vs. you come to him play style. Polarity functions more like a karma ult buff than a global ability change.

Either way, I've came up with a more fleshed out idea for him. I wanted his polarity to be impactful in some way regardless of which basic ability it was used on, but make it a trade off in some way. Q is his primary jungle clearing tool, as well as the source of polarity, given a long enough cooldown and duration that he can't spam polarity-buffed spells, but allowing him to still clear decently. Meanwhile his other abilities are still impactful on their lower overall cd, but become more powerful with polarity.

His passive is up for revision, as a source change for the numbers on his abilities will make me want to redo it, but it currently increases his mana regen on his autos to make him virtually non-reliant on blue. I justified it in my head as unquestioning servitude to Viktor demands always giving him blue buff (because Viktor seems like that kind of demanding asshole), but it risks the immovable object in the jungle conundrum.

I decided to make his q an activated move similar to Blitz's overcharge, with increased attack speed, but add splash damage to his autos scaling off his mana, also giving a polarity charge for around 7 seconds. After it expires, if the charge is still on him, his next auto would deal a larger amount of splash damage scaling off his mana, for the next 3 seconds. CD would also start when the attack speed buff falls off, with around a 6 second cd at max rank.

His W would be like a buff orientated xerath W (eye of destruction, circle of pain and slowing skillshot), which would deal damage in the area, reveal it briefly, and put a debuff on enemies for a short time that lets, what I've named MKII for inability to come up with a half decent robot name, move faster towards debuffed targets. Polarized version consumes the charge, but does a J4-esque standard combo, still applying the basic part of it, but also pulling MKII to the center of it, dealing bonus damage to people hit and knocking them aside, similar to Draven's E (stand aside). Range would be lower than J4's combo at the benefit of having a lower cd, basically rewarding continuous landing of the spell with mobility, with occaisional dashes.

E is like Blitz's power fist, except it's a slow on basic versions, root on polarity. Consumes polarity.

R is like a sona ult, except it does a root in the area, duration and damage affected based on distance away, closer being more powerful, farther less so. It's instantaneous after a brief, death-interuptible channel, like Nami's ult's delay, shows the targeted area during this channel, and it has a slightly wider and farther range than sona's ult because of it's lesser form of cc, and a more obvious tell to react to it.

When I get around to typing it up, I'll be getting it up in more detail. I'm thinking % mana scaling on his abilities, with % health scaling for the bonus polarity effects, along with the flat bonuses, but I'm still working around with numbers for various purposes. I also recognize he risks feeling like a composite of too many champions, or too similar to pre-existing ones (I'm looking at you J4 <.<), but I think I've made him unique enough. I'm also unsure if I'd want him to look more regal, with an upright posture, or a more hunched posture akin to Frankenstein's assistant.

-end of work description-

-start of rambling rant over how hard making up an adc I can enjoy is-

Decided to try my hand at all roles basically, adc was what I swung at next. First idea was religious zealot who uses a barbed, 5 tail whip as his weapon as an adc. I feel like rito made too many weapon choices seem like repeats when they made thresh have a hook on the end of a chain, as it basically covered a giant hook, a giant chain, a whip, and so many fun combinations to it that I just had to say fuck it and go with a choice anyways at risk of it being stale.

It's a lot harder coming up with stuff for adc though ._. they're so one-dimensional by definition that it's hard to come up with a fun skillset, or even a unique one because so much area has been tread. I'm trying to challenge myself by doing this, but it's really annoying because the weapon and theme also box you in, so it's quite hard. I was thinking an elemental as an adc would be easier, and more unique, as the only non-humanoid adc is Kog. Elementals tend to be humanoid, and look more mage-ish, so it's still hard, but I'm thinking an earth/sand themed elemental could work as an adc, but it opens up it's own can of worms.

It's lead me to appreciate game design more ._. this shit is hard to do on repeat

-end of rant... almost-

Also, why did they make Blade Lissandra? THEY HAVE THE PERFECT OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE SAND WITCH LISSANDRA BECAUSE HER SKILLS COCKBLOCK SO MANY SAND MAGES IDEAS I'VE JUGGLED THAT I WAS LIKE FUCK IT, JUST MAKE HER HAVE A SAND MAGE SKIN SO I CAN STOP GETTING MAD.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
An Earth Elemental could be a possible ADC. I just thought of Avatar and thought that's a straight up powerhouse.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Problem is Malphite is an earth elemental, so I thought to tone it down by being less rock and more dirt and sand, which results in weaker fortitude but more intricacy, which sounds more mage-ish than the one dimension of adc.

The room to design gets harder, so while I see more potential in a sand-based adc, it kills off room for designing a sand mage, which I want and fits better, but to not do so makes earth elemental adc harder.

Like I've mentioned, I have ideas, but one or two abilities doesn't cut it. 5 mechanics to flesh out, and they can't be broken op in design. Moderation makes life hard .-.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games