Toribash
Re: Toribash 2.0 Pre Order
lies
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Sorry mister developer, but I think you have severely overestimated what most people are willing to pay for this little game. I don't care how time or how much work the development has taken, yes it's still a small game. Lots of fun, but small. Hardcore fanboys will pay almost anything, but the wider market has its own ideas of how much a certain "amount" of game is worth. At most it should be $10 for preorder and $15 full price. A little game like this should position itself as an impulse buy, not an investment.

Another thing is that the presentation of this transition to shareware. The vague demo restrictions (time limits? game setting limits?)turn a lot of people off. Time limits are especially bad. It might have been better to promote the new features as a "plus version" or "league version".
Well basicly hampa wants money for his effort and he deserves it. Do you expect him to spend all his time making a game for ppl who will play for free then bitch cuz it cost abit.
To the people whining, cry me a river and I'll shit you a boat.
It is a nice idea and no one has presented a game like this it is trully a great gadget but if you want to contunue playing this game money will be need to produce more features new ways to decap ppls
you ask for envronments and graphics and things to kill each other with why do you think he needs the money some for the pocket yes but your money is getting the a for mention things you crave

you want more tori fun then contribute $$$$$$

p.s. I also will not be buying this game because a large company will steal the idea and ivest the money you gave them for a different game like everyone did t the matrix with this slo-mo bullet time that even this game borders on good idea hampa you fan base is unloyal go to ativition or ea and sell it you'll make more get a job and see this game soar.
I like Toribash, I don't play it a lot just a few hours a week a most, I don't think I'll buy it. It's not a bad game and I'd not denounce any effort placed into the games development the fact is $15 preorder just doesn't feel worth it sure it's fun but not for the amount of time I play it for. I know I'm not speaking for this *everyone* group but the fact is Toribash is a unique and rather niche game and I can't honestly see too many people paying $24 for the full deal (I'm saying $24 because the only people who'll benefit from the preorder is the rapidly diminishing community).

When I saw the list of new features for 2.0 I couldn't help but feel atm it's largely lacking, in 6 months when the game is far more complete (I'd hope) it might become worth it but I'm not willing to take that gambit, sure it's $15/$24 for ever but it's just too much for what I know I'll get. I might well pay $24 in a year or two (counting that the games community picks up again) and the community might explode 50x and I might regret not buying it but by then it would probably actually be worth the $24.

I know the *faithful* Toribashes will probably flame me for posting a non-payer rant but the truth is I'm saying this as free customer feedback because I do like this game but I'm not willing to pay for it at it's current time or price, I don't expect it to change but at least I know that I've said what I've been thinking.
Originally Posted by KaL

I know the *faithful* Toribashes will probably flame me for posting a non-payer rant but the truth is I'm saying this as free customer feedback because I do like this game but I'm not willing to pay for it at it's current time or price, I don't expect it to change but at least I know that I've said what I've been thinking.

I think the "faithful" Toribashes are mostly flaming the people who complain about hampa not giving away the game for free. I understand that 15$/25$ is too expensive for many people, in fact it's in the upper price class for indie games, but it's hampa's right to sell the game for whatever price he wants. Other games with more features may be cheaper, but it's the fun that counts, and I've had much more fun with toribash than for example with HL2 + mods.

I'm not a marketing expert, but toribash might really make more money if it sold for 5$/10$ instead of the current price, especially 25$ is quite hefty. But really, I'd rather pay 25$ for toribash and support indie gaming than buy a crappy big company budget title or one more DVD filled with extra features I'll never watch anyway.
Garry's mod gives you more stuff for less money and more support and community rather than some generic Physics test That’s overpriced and can be stolen off Emule a large quantity of people hate the idea of buying.

I'm sorry, you can pay money for it if you like but don't expect it to have worth in proportion of cost.

But look at it this way, if Hampa wishes to continually update this program with more and more new stuff than logically you could save your money until it is genuinely worth paying for rather than at this very moment, or alternatively you can Steal it off Emule borrow it off a friend.
or, you could get it now and save yourself $10. That way, you are getting better value for money in the long run.
I has a flavour
Respectfully, I think you should take off the "free updates for life" thing...because really, it seems kinda silly to state that doesn't it? I mean, if you're going to fork over $25 for something, you'd expect them to give you updates for free without having to re-register and fork over more cash right?

Anyway, personally I think $25 is a bit steep for me, but hey, I love the game, so keep up the good work man!
you would think that, but I have seen both software and games do the complete opposite. You pay for version X, then you pay again for version Y. This does tend to be in the corporate market, but it does happen in the consumer market as well.

thankfully, this is not the case with Toribash.
I has a flavour
Originally Posted by slainveteran
you would think that, but I have seen both software and games do the complete opposite. You pay for version X, then you pay again for version Y. This does tend to be in the corporate market, but it does happen in the consumer market as well.

thankfully, this is not the case with Toribash.

Are you referring to 'the Sims' titles?