Toribash
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
not bad, but the lighting seems a bit off. I wish I had two computer screens D :

Keep an ear open. I got my second screen for $40 when a university was upgrading.

The lighting looks better in the full size.
It SHOULD be perfect, I went through the trouble of spacing the lights correctly AND setting the light tempuratures. But I think my gamma might be a bit high.
<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
I think your contrast and saturation are too high. The tori is definitely too sharp and too clean (look at the noise in the other areas). There is some reflection problem (see the darker stripe on the tori? It is way to straight for having gone over spheres, and on the right shoulder that line doesn't look like it should be straight), head looks kind of stretched vertically. Shadow looks a bit too blurry :3

Also I can see JPG compression artefacts around the tori!!!

Looking good so far
JPEG artifacts just means that the image was too big to upload full size with PNG or 100% quality JPEG, here's a scaled down PNG version. (Full size PNG was 20 MB)

Here ya go. (WITH UPDATES)

<Crooked> I'd say spartan, cause if he's tough enough to digest ungodly amounts of alcohol he clearly has the best body
look at the shadow of the tori.... and look at the shadow of the speakers... you made inverted the shadows =/
|[Essence]|GATA|Artist Co-Op|Italians Do It Better|TA|
|Pulse|HARWARE|bRuCiA|Weddark|Zalmoxis|
Originally Posted by Dae67 View Post
look at the shadow of the tori.... and look at the shadow of the speakers... you made inverted the shadows =/

Uhh, umm...

You're actually wrong btw, let me upload a pic quick

Edit: Shadow is darker front to back from that location. Even if I do have it a little twisted.

See?

Last edited by Spartan094; Jul 29, 2011 at 12:39 AM.
1) we love dude
2) O_O so what's wrong with speaker shadow? xD
Originally Posted by Dae67 View Post
1) we love dude
2) O_O so what's wrong with speaker shadow? xD

Nothing mate, there's a grid of recessed lighting above my computer. So different places have varying shadows.
*looks at sharp edges on tori, looks at soft edges on everything else*

The reflection is awesome, and your perspective looks correct, the shadow is even correct!

But the difference in image quality is HUGE
my best compositing ever (is my first... so it's the best compositing i've ever made xD)

ToriOnMyPC