Ranking
Sir, maybe YOU could accept the fact that I have searched high and low on the UI of my modem and router, as well as google, for something that will allow me to make "exceptions". I have enabled and set up ALL such functions I have found to allow those ports free passage... but the issue still persists. And my software firewall simply does not block anything without my knowledge. Trust me on this.
Originally Posted by efreeti View Post
Sir, maybe YOU could accept the fact that I have searched high and low on the UI of my modem and router, as well as google, for something that will allow me to make "exceptions". I have enabled and set up ALL such functions I have found to allow those ports free passage... but the issue still persists. And my software firewall simply does not block anything without my knowledge. Trust me on this.

And YOU, sir, could maybe TELL me that next time? You just kept on going that that wasn't the issue, or that you didn't need to check, and didn't even say that you tried that. I don't have telepathy yet, to be able to know what you did and what you didn't. I can only take what I see for granted. So if I don't see you telling me 'Yes, Jok, I did that, and it didn't work.', I'll assume you didn't want to try it.

What firewall do you use?
This is exactly why I felt patronized. The fact that you couldn't accept at face value that I know what I'm doing, when I tell you that I do indeed know what I'm doing.

My software firewall is Sygate Personal. Discontinued since Symantec bought Sygate, but I can assure you not outdated. I have already allowed toribash.exe and tb.exe full access through ports 53,20000-20300. These settings would override any blocks if there were any, which there isn't anyways. The modem is a Thompson Speedtouch 546v6, and the router is a Linksys WRT54GL v1.1.
Last edited by efreeti; Jul 30, 2008 at 01:53 AM.
Sometimes, It blocks some acesses we don't want it to block, and the only way I know to fix the problem is uninstalling and re-installing the firewall...

After searching the web, I found similar problems being posted.

If that's not the problem, then try pinging toribash.com and asia.toribash.com, using the argument -t, for a continuous pinging. Then tell me if you get constant timeouts while pinging. That might mean the connection to toribash is either slow or bad.

What is your current connection speed?

EDIT: You shouldn't feel patronized. It's the only thing I can do. Imagine all the random people coming on these forums and posting such problems, but who DON'T know how to properly turn off a firewall, but still claim they did, and refuse to even check. I've dealt with one too many of those, so I'll just always be careful in cases like these, and always specify, until I get confirmation that the person indeed checked.