Toribash
Yes your processor will be a bottleneck for your GPU! don't buy a new gpu before getting a decent processor...
My advice... Instead of getting a quad core, get a better dual core such as the e8400... reason: most games and software can't take advantage or are not optimized to deal with numerous cores on the CPU. Getting a CPU with less cores but with higher frequency will result in better performance on such softwares and games.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
quad core (4core) is better than a dual core (2 core) 2.
i have a core 2 due 2.66 (newer than a dual core)
a quad core 2.4 is better than my core 2 due 2.66

so a QC 2.66 will be good i will take it if i canget it (have the $$ to buy it)

i will do some snooping around to find the info and compare the 2 a 2.66Qc and a 3.0 Dc
kk thanks alot black demon.
@Genki i still prefer quad core though.. i play some hardcore games that always keeps recommending quad core+
You are reading this.
As what I've said earlier,You are still reading this.
I didn't made that up. Its true that for the great majority of games (yes, even those games who pop up an intro showing "recommended for Intel quad core" - its INTEL paid advertisement anyway) will run better on a cheaper dual core with higher frequency, FSB rate and Cache than on a more expensive quad core with lower frequency and less cache and/or FSB rate...

Read about it: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...ad-core-gaming
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Dude, definetly get the Quad core cpu. Even with 3gb ram you wont be able to play anything without a decent cpu. But then also it depends on what games youre playing. The nvidia 9500 is good enough, good video cards are built if you want to play games on super high quality, but are not a necessity when playing casually. But the cpu is more important.
Someone's gonna get hurt.............IT AIN'T GONNA BE ME!!!!!!
Actually im aimming for pretty good fps and not EXTREME quality so just good quality...
You are reading this.
Originally Posted by reimar420 View Post
Actually im aimming for pretty good fps and not EXTREME quality so just good quality...

Then ignore the quad core and get a cheaper dual core such as the Intel e8400.
You save money. That way you can buy a better graphics card such as the ATI Radeon HD5770 or the ATI Radeon HD5850.
For good fps you should invest more in a graphics card. Most games today don't need as much massive CPU speed as they need GPU power.

A good dual core such as the e8400 will more than suffice and will not bottleneck the performance of your graphics card. Plus you can even overclock it and get even better results for the price, and contrary to what people have been saying on this thread, it will perform better on games that are non-optimized for multiple CPU cores (99% of the games out there lol...)

Just do some research for yourself if you don't trust my advises, read reviews and benchmarks. Compare results and pay attention on the price vs performance ratio. On any computer-related forums you'll find the same advise. Quad cores are still too expensive for what they offer in terms of gaming performance. It'll be a waste of money to spend on a quad core and not on a graphics card... Be smart, see the big picture, make a conscious choice and don't let yourself be fooled by ad populum fallacies.
A lot of people made a huge mistake when they bought the Q6600 quad core some years ago. They payed for an overpriced CPU to get lesser performance in games and other software. lol... its ridiculous.

If money is not a problem then just get a new pc with core i5 or i7 and a decent graphics card. The socket 775 quad cores are not a good investment for the money they're asking for.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Feb 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM.
Yeah,you wrote so much genki and much of your advice makes sense... ill try finding
intel e8400 then...As for the Ati Radeon HD5770 and HD5850 i dont really know much Ati Radeon not really sure if it works on my "really cheap" motherboard..
You are reading this.
Originally Posted by reimar420 View Post
Yeah,you wrote so much genki and much of your advice makes sense... ill try finding
intel e8400 then...As for the Ati Radeon HD5770 and HD5850 i dont really know much Ati Radeon not really sure if it works on my "really cheap" motherboard..

Well your major problem might be the Power Suply Unit (PSU). You'll definitely need a better PSU to handle both a better CPU and GPU. Plus check the compatibility/support list of your motherboard. It might not support certain CPU FSB and/or frequencies. So make sure of those little details first.