Toribash
Original Post
Bet cancel/increase
So, here I was, betting in a tourney, when my friend bets on a match and no one counters. He loses his bet, which reminds me how on a betting server an op would cancel all bets if there is no counter. This gave me the idea; well, the server should auto cancel all bets after the frame limit, if there's no counters! So here I am...what do you guys think of this idea?
Last edited by Lazors; Jul 6, 2014 at 04:52 PM.
We need to strengthen our roots and bloom the inner flowers that represent our minds. We are not beasts. Not savages, but men.- PeaceKeeper62
Either way, counters or no counters, whoever you bet on either wins or loses. If you made a correct bet, you get your tc. If you made an incorrect bet, you lose your tc.

Yes, but the TC just disappears, the difference is nobody wins anything, which is pointless.
We need to strengthen our roots and bloom the inner flowers that represent our minds. We are not beasts. Not savages, but men.- PeaceKeeper62
In that case betting itself is entirely pointless. No one is forced to counter, and no one is forced to refund your tc in the event of no counters or a draw. That is your risk when you decided to place that bet.

Also, this:
Originally Posted by Shmevin View Post
The Toribash staff needs tc to be destroyed through things such as account personalization, bounty text, name changes, and in this case, bet draws. They will not fix it simply because the importance of a tc sink in the economy is far more important than losing money from draws. If your server operator is quick enough he can type /cancelbets and all the bets will be refunded. However, that is basically it when it comes to getting your tc back.

Originally Posted by PTDBank View Post
If they want to cancel the bets but do not know how to, they are obviously inexperienced with server commands and should not hosting a server. Bets always have risks, draws are one of them. And draws are fairly rare as well.

Aren't we all inexperienced at first? What about those people who make their first betting servers, know the basics but mess up when it comes to the rare occurrence that is a draw. Leading to angry players and the person trying to get into hosting these servers becoming discouraged and not wanting to do it anymore.

also this:
Originally Posted by Leifang View Post
Though it may be somewhat necessary to get rid of tc, tc is rarely sunk in this fashion and even with the rare occurrence of a draw during bets, the op would more than likely cancel bets giving people their tc back anyway. So really when you think of it like that is it REALLY necessary when there are other better methods of sinking tc that don't require luck or a lazy op?

Just my opinion here.

...I don't know how to sell stuff :/
Originally Posted by PTDx
Bets always have risks, draws are one of them. And draws are fairly rare as well.

Like I said, their fault for not being bothered to learn the commands.

Usually when their is a draw everyone is shouting '0MG CANCEL BETTS NO COUNTER PLS!?!!!1111 TYPE /CANCELBETS PLSLSPPSLSPSL'

Majority of people who host bet servers know all the commands and refund the bets on a draw if they want to or not. I doubt a whitebelt non-alt would start a betting server.
Hattersin wants that.
That's a great attitude to encourage more people to try and host these things.

I doubt any whitebelt would make a server but you don't have to be white belt to make your first betting server, hell maybe some old schoolers who have come back but never tried to do it before don't know about this feature and could be blammed for not canceling in time etc..(already mentioned). This just being one example.

If everyone is shouting to cancel the bets, as you've just said, it's clearly something they want to be done, so why not make it an in-built feature to keep everyone happy?
Originally Posted by Leifang View Post
That's a great attitude to encourage more people to try and host these things.

Indeed, it is.

Originally Posted by Leifang
I doubt any whitebelt would make a server but you don't have to be white belt to make your first betting server, hell maybe some old schoolers who have come back but never tried to do it before don't know about this feature and could be blammed for not canceling in time etc..(already mentioned). This just being one example.

I don't think oldschoolers would care for much as to what a small community of players would think.

Originally Posted by Leifang
If everyone is shouting to cancel the bets, as you've just said, it's clearly something they want to be done, so why not make it an in-built feature to keep everyone happy?

Because canceling bets on a draw is not mandatory.
Last edited by PTDBank; Apr 10, 2013 at 09:30 PM.
Hattersin wants that.
I used an "old schooler" as an example of someone other than a whitebelt who doesn't know the command due to it being their first time making a betting server, incase you didn't understand.

"Not everything is going to please everyone", and in what case will someone be dis-pleased from this feature?
Some will be happy others indifferent in my opinion, it doesn't affect anyone in a bad way.
I know you did, and I just used your example of an "old schooler" getting blamed/raged at for not canceling bets to say what they would probably think about that, in case you did not understand.

I also deleted that last part before you posted, although, like Shmevin said, the Toribash staff need TC to be destroyed so thus this is my reason why this feature should not be implemented.

This is my NOT last post as I am sure a staff member will post why this will be not introduced soon.
Last edited by PTDBank; Apr 10, 2013 at 09:47 PM.
Hattersin wants that.
Tc needs to be destroid yes, and as I've said, as well as shmevin, their are other more effective ways of destroying said tc. This requires luck and /or a lazy, inexperienced, or afk op. And most of the time the bets are canceled so sinking tc in this fashion is rarely done.

I will continue to support this idea anyway if anyone else has opinions on it :P.

And please don't just post because you want to be "that guy" who disagrees with every suggestion because you think you will get some credibility from staff members that look at them.
--------------

Just a small edit because I find this funny;

"I don't think oldschoolers would care for much as to what a small community of players would think."

Implying that old schoolers are a different species?
Last edited by Leifang; Apr 10, 2013 at 09:48 PM.
I know I said that was my last post, but I lied.

I do not care about getting credibility from staff, I'm probably known to them as the user who gets banned a lot, so I doubt they would do that anyway. fuckfishyolo

Also, yes. Old schoolers are elephants.

obviously

Also,
Originally Posted by aslask
Betting does happen at your own risk, and there is a risk of losing your TC, be it because you bet for the wrong person or because of a bug.

Last edited by PTDBank; Apr 11, 2013 at 03:45 PM.
Hattersin wants that.