Toribash
View Poll Results: Who's a better guitarist
Joe Satriani
7 Votes / 41.18%
Steve Vai
10 Votes / 58.82%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

You can't compare music. No matter what evidence you have, because its opinionated and depends on taste.

That being said - I am a bigger fan of vai, but they are both amazing guitarists.
Yeah you cant compare guitar players because most of them have diferent styles.

I personally like more Joe satriani,i like both, but its impossible to say whos the best because they have diferent styles.
"Be obscure clearly."
Originally Posted by corza334 View Post
They arn't similar at all...
You can't compare them
You can't compare any music
As its all opinion.

Right, well in that case - No more music thread! Corza seems to think that music cannot compare any music at all, so what's the point of this thread if not to compare musical interesets?

We've all been had! It was all a giant hoax! Turns out you can't compare music at all. Wow, well done Corza for pointing that out to us, I don't think anyone would have ever found that out for themselves! Thank you for saving us! >.>
Last edited by Marco; May 24, 2009 at 12:28 PM.
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'm just sad that I can't give myself one
[19:39] <Birdflu> I'd have a great time
The Lowdown

"which do u think is betta?"

"Well, Black Sabbath's Ironman is so much better because [greatdetail]...[/greatdetail]

"no it isnt betta cz u cant compar 2 diff music styles cz they r so diff with ther diff styles and differential stylus."

"Jason Becker wins instantly cos he's gay and I'm gay, cos I'm gay and he's gay and gaygaygaygaygay."

srsly tho guys, a good way to end this is to change the poll from "who is better" to "who do you like more".

EDIT: Also, I didn't mean to imply that Satch is wayy better than Vai or vice versa, I just wanted for it to be blatantly obvious that one is better than the other.
Last edited by DeeJayy741; May 24, 2009 at 01:47 PM.
If you can't compare them, then contrast them...

Both are ridiculously skilled in a technical sense. Both make really lame music. Tie.

Edit: I'm open to the possibility that one or both of them has made good music at some point, but what I have heard from both of them is awful.
Last edited by Logic; Jun 3, 2009 at 10:49 PM.
It's kinda true. They are excellent technical players, but musically uninspiring, imo. Proving that Difficult music=/=good music.