Toribash
In my opinion anything is music.
But for it to be good it pretty much has to sound good.
As far as why it sounds good I don't know.
I am a big fan of harmony and counterpoint in singing and music alike.
But generally I don't care too much for singing
My bands vary from

to Billy Joel

System of a Down

to Suicide Silence

I also enjoy some techno but not if it's repetitive.
Yes good music does take talent but if you look at modern musicians, they probably have more talent than musicians of decades past yet I believe the older music is far better. I think it comes down to passion. Modern musicians make most of their music with the intention of getting lots of money fast. Oh sure when they started they were doing it because they loved it, but most albums released on the last 10 years have 2 good songs and the rest are mediocre. The way I see it, most musicians make a couple of good songs so people will buy the album and then they do bugger all for the rest. Older albums were filled with good songs, not just a couple.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
Originally Posted by SLAPPED View Post
Yes good music does take talent but if you look at modern musicians, they probably have more talent than musicians of decades past yet I believe the older music is far better. I think it comes down to passion. Modern musicians make most of their music with the intention of getting lots of money fast. Oh sure when they started they were doing it because they loved it, but most albums released on the last 10 years have 2 good songs and the rest are mediocre. The way I see it, most musicians make a couple of good songs so people will buy the album and then they do bugger all for the rest. Older albums were filled with good songs, not just a couple.

Generalizations are not the way you should go about when backing up your points... ridiculous.
Yes it is a generalisation, but generalisations are usually, at least in part, based on something factual. Yes I do realise that there have been some excellent albums released in the last decade and that there are artists who do what they do because they love it, but most mainstream and popular artists who flood stores with their CDs for 14 year old girls to salivate over, are purely doing it for the money. I'm not stupid enough to think that all musicians are greedy bastards.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
Well, It's how the rhythm is. The beats, and how good they play their instruments.

It depends on which band it is actually.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"