Toribash
Originally Posted by AaronSasori View Post
Hey hey. Don't turn this into a flame thread, I want people to see it. Just say if you agree with me or not and why. That stuff makes it easier to not start arguements.

In that case...

I AGREE
Are you new to Toribash and looking to join a clan? Join [NEWB]
Clan Newb Toribash Thread
ClanNEWB.com
Well when people double post more than once. There was a thread where someone posted 5 times in a row. Saying "hi" "post here" "cooome on". Not like I did when I had a competition, my thread was going dead and I had to double post to bring it back alive. I know what you mean, it's just a certain kind.
[ s p i r i t ]
SKATEBOARDER
wonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk♥♥♥wonkwonkwon kwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Aarons right though it wont show it I got banned atleast 4 times before the forums was switched to V-bulliten. I think the rules should be enforced like they were before.
Aaron does not want this to turn into a flame thread so this is the last I will say about this:
It was a bump but within a couple of hours it was bumped twice and commented on twice. Bumping it up from the bottom of the list is cool but when your only a few threads down it gets a bit excessive. Anyways, If people decide they don't care about bumping then I will shut up and start bumping my own.
Originally Posted by lancer_c View Post
This is pretty much why I think the double posting rule should get even less attention then currently. Double posting to bump, especially in regards to selling an item (or to provide new information in a thread days later when the "double poster" was the last one to post), is not a crime. Double posting in a situation that a post edit could solve is another story.

That being said most fourm members can't seem to see that difference or comprehend it.

This is where a bump rule needs to be implimented. For instance once ever 24 hours in certain forums, i.e. market place. Some forums this rule should not be allowed and no bumps at all, i.e. discussion.
ClanNEWB.com
I agree with that too. Spam is a big issue as well.
[ s p i r i t ]
SKATEBOARDER
wonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk♥♥♥wonkwonkwon kwonkwonkwonkwonkwonkwonk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by AaronSasori View Post
I agree with that too. Spam is a big issue as well.

I agree prolly about 50% of the posts that people make here are considered spam on other forums.
ClanNEWB.com
I agree. The rules here used to be harshly enforced, and n00by spam threads were rare. Now, people get away with double, triple, or even quintuple posting with nothing more than a warning, and then a couple days later they do it again. I think the admins and mods should be more active in punishing spammers, whether it's suspensions, banning, or even just deleting the annoying, useless posts that many people feel the need to make.
I don't actually play. Very often. If you want me, schedule a time. Don't count on luck.
I agree that people who double (tripple etc.) post can be annoying, and I do think they should be punished (regarding situations where the edit button is the best solution).... but often I find the swarms of "STOP DOUBLE POSTING!" to be more distracting then the double posts themselves.

I mean, the reason double posting is considered bad is because it clutters up the thread. People commenting about and bringing notice to the double post not only clutter up the thread but take it off topic as well.

If double posts are to be enforced as they once were (which they probably should be), I would like it if the commenters to the double post receive the same punishment...

If one thinks that a bump or double post was truly uncalled for in a given situation (or they are unsure if it is breaking the rules or not), they should just PM~.
Last edited by lancer_c; Apr 11, 2008 at 10:49 PM.