Ranking
Guys the question has been answered

"Are bet server bots legal?"

Lets not turn this into a thread about arguing weather this is right or wrong and why.
Its a rule we don't control the rules the staff do as is such in every single game that isn't a priced game
CkyToH/GuineaTigg Active from Mar 2008 - Jan 2019
Bet bots are illegal, and the main reason was lazy idle rake collecting.
Pretty much the same thing as with market bots.

Originally Posted by CkyToH View Post
This should probably be made more visible as i can see people getting banned for rules they didn't know existed yet.

No one got banned for it yet, we issue warnings first.
Last edited by Scorpio; Apr 27, 2015 at 09:01 AM.
Wait can you have the bot if you don't idle and take rake?

Like have the bot there but not give it house?
Originally Posted by Suck View Post

Just saying, that would be really hard to track and make sure everyone with a bot is following that rule. Don't forget that a lot of people like to break rules, so that's a possibility too.

(im)

What the actual hell Ryan. The bots didn't do anything but keep the bet servers in order. and people who complain "ooooh i don't have a bot, waaaaah" well cheer the fuck up and make one it aint hard.
That baby aint mine
Originally Posted by KingJimmyX View Post
What the actual hell Ryan. The bots didn't do anything but keep the bet servers in order. and people who complain "ooooh i don't have a bot, waaaaah" well cheer the fuck up and make one it aint hard.

You clearly didn't read (perhaps properly) Wizard's post, it replies to your first line pretty well. On the second line: No, making a good and realiable bot is not that easy, it takes research, testing and lots of debugs (if you manage to build a bot without using python or premade classes in short time (say 1 day) then I should congratulate you). Being idle while a bot collects the profit sounds really silly, but still true, people do it around here.

Question for the Admins/GMs/Whoever is able to respond:

If I build a host bot with no bets involved would it still be illegal? I see the main issue here being people profiting while they're not actually doing nothing ingame or inforums but host bots are different from market bots, this second one works only for profit, but host bots are a good way to organize a room and make really funny/interesting things ingame.

I'd like to know the oppinion of the staff on this subject, i'm ok even if I'd have to give the code so staff can analyze it and approve it and/or make it available to everyone/turn it into a real feature, it's just that I see host bots as something promissing if used correctly.

Ps: I'm ok with either a flat no or a 'we will discuss it', just want it to be clear.
Last edited by IIInsanEEE; Apr 27, 2015 at 04:58 PM.
Originally Posted by Wizard View Post
Just saying, that would be really hard to track and make sure everyone with a bot is following that rule. Don't forget that a lot of people like to break rules, so that's a possibility too.

if the bet server is popular, it would be obvious who is using a bot

Originally Posted by Suck View Post

yes, what about this?
you know, just to help moderate?
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Right now hostin bots are banned altogether. Whether we will allow certain functions of them to be used is to be determined.
retired