Ranking
Original Post
Fixing Tourney Farming
A way you could fix tourney farming is making it so there can only be 1 person in a tourney with a certain router/IP. Something like if someone tries to log in with 2 computers they get kicked with a message like "Someone with your IP is already in this room, please try again later". But idk, just an idea.
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
Originally Posted by MrRobson View Post
This is crap. Why dont you use real money instead of tc. you cant farm real money.

Technically you can, it's just extremely hard to do so, not to mention illegal.
[20:07] <@SpartaCraft> This is the sexiest potato I've ever made.
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Okay so just let people fill the tourneys with farming bots. Problem solved.

On a more serious note, there are plans to implement a few measures to prevent farming. Possibly a "tourneys per day" restriction better suited to what a human can achieve in one days worth of toribash, than what a bot can achieve.

1 tourney a day omg!thats too low.i prefer the previous idea.
and its better if there is ip trace function in-game,so that
1 player can play with 1 ID in 1 tourney.
-----
Why dont you scrap tc all together, if you want a texture set you should have to buy with real money.
I think that is a really good idea. Like you could pay 0.001 cents for orc, 5$ for a texture set and ect.

Everyone cant afford to play with real money,TC<3 FTW.
Last edited by jigyansu; Dec 25, 2012 at 03:45 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
This is crap. Why dont you use real money instead of tc. you cant farm real money.

well, your ideas to fix this are just ****, they all would destroy a great part of the game..
using real money for it is just .... the people still play this game to "achieve" something.. and not everyone can afford to buy all this stuff... u shall think about the younger users too..
if u want that stuff, go and suggest the old toribash which u have to buy <.<

but actually its just a bad idea to change something at the tc..
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
in other words core population of toribash consist of 11-14 y/o children who can't play any other game then tb and playing it on anciend old bros pc. and i really doubt thy can or willing to spend any money on this game (if they even have any) this is the problem with payability, which i described earlier in some of my suggestions about 4.3. being bounded to crap hardware do only worse for game, while if there will be some gamebreaking changes in graphics and overal including engine, it may bring new players who will play toribash because it's original and not because they can't play anything else, and probably even spend money, because comparing 11 y/o child with crap pc and average guy who have some money and okay with spending it if game is interesting for him. look at frozen synapse for example, atm toribash is not really a game but more like a proof of concept. anyway, back on topic fixed ammount of tourneys per day is okay idea. can't really stop farming at all but makes it a bit mroe difficult.
Last edited by snob; Dec 26, 2012 at 09:12 AM.
Originally Posted by jigyansu View Post
1 tourney a day omg!thats too low.i prefer the previous idea.
and its better if there is ip trace function in-game,so that
1 player can play with 1 ID in 1 tourney.
-----

Everyone cant afford to play with real money,TC<3 FTW.

Did you understand what he said? He didn't mean 1 tourney every day. He meant a specific amount of tourneys that you can play at all in one day. So instead of being able to win 1000 750tc tourneys everyday, you can only win a fixed amount, such as perhaps 20-50 instead.

Edit: I don't think that there's enough mods to be able to oversee the tourneys all day to make sure that theirs no farming. They don't have the manpower.
Last edited by Dscigs; Dec 26, 2012 at 09:32 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Well it doesn't have to be all day. And perhaps they could have a group who oversees the tournaments for them.