Toribash
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Well...I hoped they wouldn't but they did.
Pokemon X and Y have been announced and I think it looks terrible.

That's the trailer for it. Generation 6, new Pokemon the works. Full 3d and on the 3ds.

This makes me really sad. Black/White was far enough Imo. They should have stopped at Pearl/Diamond/Platinum with new Pokemon and stuff. I'm all for remakes like Heartgold and Soulsilver but I'm sick to shit of new Pokemon. I haven't done an exact count but I'm pretty sure there are more 'legendaries' than can fit in one box now.

What do you guys think about this specific game and your opinion on the direction of Pokemon in general.
I think they're struggling with new ideas and they just want to milk Pokemon until it's a dead, dried up shriveled shell of something that was once great. Look at the starters. A frog...That already exists as a Pokemon. A fox that is themed with fire? Already been done. As for the grass one? I don't even know what that is.
As for the names? Pokemon X and Y. They're naming them after letters now.
They ran out of colors, and jewels so now they use letters. And there are plenty more letters still to be used which makes me wonder where this is going to end.
They should just let Pokemon go and end with dignity.

oh god please no god
the ingame graphics look shit, expect the fights, starters looks shit, legendaries lookin like birds and now letters as titel? are u fuckin kidding me nintendo?
well, i played black 2... it was really really funny good old pokemon feeling, much new pokemon yea, which already look almost like animals... but this now... they bring out a pokemon which looks like a frog AND EVEN IS CALLED FROG?
nintendo just really runs out of ideas, in the first parts u had much pokemons which are not almost compared to a real animal... yes a few were but much much not (just take a look at mew and mewto) but now its like they pick an old pokemon, give them an additional leg/arm , give em new colours, make it bigger and make it to a legendarie...
absolutley wouldnt buy this part, black & white 2 were fine, but it was already the last pokemon part which i thought about to get.
would only get a remake of ruby/emerald etc. (greatest pokemon parts ever.)

they should stop making new ones. better making the old ones new, like leaf green/fire red... heart gold/soul silver...

and even if people like me are not the people which nintendo wants, if such people say this game is crap and the old ones are better, will the kids listen.. (wouldnt u tell youre kid, that these pokemons are not "real" and the old ones are much better? just as example.)

its just shameful what nintendo makes with the new pokemon parts. they should have stopped at gen.5 and only make reworks...
(also the plant thing looks like the water starter pokemon from black/white which looks a bit like a beaver..)
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Oh come on, this game has the third best starters(after Gen 2 and Gen 1) and the best legendaries.
Originally Posted by Emile288 View Post
Story, sotry is a majority of the problem with pokemon games.
I mean its the same thing EVERY single time, Im not saying we should have a story that brings me to tears or something...just something more interesting.

The story is sometimes not very good, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the same every time.

Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
well, i played black 2... it was really really funny good old pokemon feeling, much new pokemon yea, which already look almost like animals... but this now... they bring out a pokemon which looks like a frog AND EVEN IS CALLED FROG?

Ekans is a snake from Gen 1. Ekans is snake spelled backwards. Arbok is also kobra spelled backwards. They've been doing stuff like this since the first games.
Originally Posted by up2u View Post
Oh come on, this game has the third best starters(after Gen 2 and Gen 1) and the best legendaries.

The story is sometimes not very good, but I wouldn't go as far as to say it's the same every time.

Ekans is a snake from Gen 1. Ekans is snake spelled backwards. Arbok is also kobra spelled backwards. They've been doing stuff like this since the first games.

well, but there they TRIED to hide it and now just calling it simply frog... they could called him gorf xd and then it would be not so bad, but this is just unbelivebal

Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Okay now. I might be hated for this, but imo, it's a bit unfair to let you do what you're doing right now.
the ingame graphics look shit

Since when did graphics start to really matter in pokemon games?
Hell. The graphics in pokemon yellow were awful. I still played it. Not to mention that on the ds it will look better(smaller screen, etc)

they bring out a pokemon which looks like a frog AND EVEN IS CALLED FROG?

/me points at squirtle and how it becomes warTORTLE

nintendo just really runs out of ideas

Note that the pokemon games are not made by nintendo.

now its like they pick an old pokemon, give them an additional leg/arm , give em new colours, make it bigger and make it to a legendarie...would only get a remake of ruby/emerald etc. (greatest pokemon parts ever.)

So, you just said that you won't buy a game because the main pokemons in there are pretty much the same but with more limbs. But you would buy pretty much the exact same copy of the old game with slightly better graphics and UI enhancements?

they should stop making new ones. better making the old ones new, like leaf green/fire red... heart gold/soul silver...

So, you want to say that instead of making little change in their games they should make almost no change at all and resell it every once in a while. That never would get old, would it.

they should have stopped at gen.5 and only make reworks...

You said that they lack imagination. And that's why they should stop using the remains of it and simply put better graphics on all the old ones?
You are a genious! Why didn't they think of that earlier? Oh wait... they actually did.

The old pokemons are just as stupid and pointless as the new ones. The only difference is that you were younger back then and didn't notice that. And now the memories make you think that they are better than the new ones.
They're all shit. The whole franchise is based on copying the same old thing. But now that they thought that it would be a good idea to do something more creative, everyone starts shitposting.
Don't get me wrong. I'm just as spoiled as you are. And I love the previous pokemons way more than the new ones. But it is ridiculously stupid to say that the new ones are shit because you were a stupid kid once.
art board mods: if they dont understand it its not cnc
What you said is true. It's just that they've hit the critical mass.

What is Pokemon's slogan?
"Gotta catch 'em all"

As I said, the last game I completed the dex on was Pearl and it was hard enough as is. Collecting all 493 Pokemon actually became very tedious but I wanted to be able to say I've done it on at least one game. I can't see how anyone could bother at all with these new ones. They must have what, nearly 700 Pokemon now?
Originally Posted by Arturix3 View Post
Okay now. I might be hated for this, but imo, it's a bit unfair to let you do what you're doing right now.

Since when did graphics start to really matter in pokemon games?
Hell. The graphics in pokemon yellow were awful. I still played it. Not to mention that on the ds it will look better(smaller screen, etc)
well but they dont look good at all, id liked them in black/white 2 and i loved the older ones, but this i just annoying... may because i dont got a 3ds and cant think how it would look on it.

* Unicorn points at squirtle and how it becomes warTORTLE
well, this isnt in my languange so, ill played them all in german, where the names are mostly totally diffrent..
(squirtle = schiggy , wartortle = schillock)

Note that the pokemon games are not made by nintendo.
yeye wutever, gamefreak

So, you just said that you won't buy a game because the main pokemons in there are pretty much the same but with more limbs. But you would buy pretty much the exact same copy of the old game with slightly better graphics and UI enhancements?
yes, because the old ones were good, they got more worst from gen. to gen. so ill prefer playing an old one -remake where i already played the old one, then buying a new one. maybe its just because, how u said already that i growth up with the old ones and im getting to old for it.

So, you want to say that instead of making little change in their games they should make almost no change at all and resell it every once in a while. That never would get old, would it.
they can make much much changes in remakes, not only better graphics etc. (i dont want to list what they can, but ill got enough stuff in my mind which could be added.)

You said that they lack imagination. And that's why they should stop using the remains of it and simply put better graphics on all the old ones?
You are a genious! Why didn't they think of that earlier? Oh wait... they actually did.
why did they made then a black/white 2 instead of a remake from ruby/saphire/emerald?

The old pokemons are just as stupid and pointless as the new ones. The only difference is that you were younger back then and didn't notice that. And now the memories make you think that they are better than the new ones.
well, they are not stupid or pointless ? which should they be? it makes alot of fun to play them pokemon is one of the few which i played completley.
even if u finished it u can still do tons of things, like getting all pokemon, bring your team up to lv. 100..

They're all shit. The whole franchise is based on copying the same old thing. But now that they thought that it would be a good idea to do something more creative, everyone starts shitposting.
Don't get me wrong. I'm just as spoiled as you are. And I love the previous pokemons way more than the new ones. But it is ridiculously stupid to say that the new ones are shit because you were a stupid kid once.

nothin more to say.

I'm almost positive that ignorance of my youth had nothing to do with the appearance of the pokemon back then. Face it, they got less creative over the years. Pokemon are starting look like futuristic robots that are now in league with Digimon. The stories are becoming a hell of a lot more simple and basic. They aren't doing this because it's a cool inventive series anymore, but simply because the next generation of kids are simple and don't know what they like yet.

Scolipede. The most bad ass pokemon to date besides Venipede.
You guys are missing the real problem, I realized this would be less then creative before I even watched the trailer because of............The Name! Now I have been a Pokemon fan since I was 3 I am now 14 sooooo I know that's missing the 1st 4 years, but i caught up and any Pokemon Fan would really despise the fact that GameFreak decided to go with X and Y for the "title" I mean what Is this Algebra? My point is I do enjoy the graphics and have to say that in about 2 more generations the GAMEPLAY might actually become a real Pokemon battle. But for now graphics is all GameFreak has going in the new generation.
Last edited by Grim; Jan 18, 2013 at 11:08 AM.
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥
XY is talking about dimensions. I'm not going to lie. I hate it, but It's actually kind of clever. They ran out of all the Boss colors now I guess they have to do Dimensions X and Y. You probably get to traverse a parallel dimension in the new pokemon.