Ranking
Rule number 4: Don't try to report veb or hampa for power abuse, it won't work.

If you have a problem with a moderator abusing their power, best to tell the moderator first. If they say "Well fuck you you're just a noob your opinion isn't worth anything I'm so 1337" then talk to me, so I can say "Well fuck you're just a moderator your opinion isn't worth anything I'm so cool waving my banhammer around and whacking you on the head with it moron."

I don't get to do that enough.

I dunno why all the mods are scared of me, I never do anything to them. :/

veb, on the other hand, does lots of stuff to everyone.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Originally Posted by suomynona View Post
Rule number 4: Don't try to report veb or hampa for power abuse, it won't work.

If you have a problem with a moderator abusing their power, best to tell the moderator first. If they say "Well fuck you you're just a noob your opinion isn't worth anything I'm so 1337" then talk to me, so I can say "Well fuck you're just a moderator your opinion isn't worth anything I'm so cool waving my banhammer around and whacking you on the head with it moron."

I don't get to do that enough.

I dunno why all the mods are scared of me, I never do anything to them. :/

veb, on the other hand, does lots of stuff to everyone.

Why would anyone face the power of the banhammer if they know they will lose.
Last edited by Larry; Jul 18, 2009 at 05:12 AM.
I'd like to add a scenario:

In-game mod that you dislike enters your (private) server. You ask him to leave, and he refuses. He can't be kicked/barred by password.

I suppose he could use a loop in the system and invent a reason, like "I'm making sure you guys aren't farming here..." even though he knows full well you aren't.

This is just hypothetical of course.
I would consider that power abuse. Because he has the 'power' to not be kicked by the server operator. And he is abusing that power by disregarding the request to leave.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN