Toribash
lol i agree with cula. but really, a shovel is about the equivalent of a noobclap in instagib hands. its annoying as crap, but you can avoid it. no need to complain. :3
edit: btw, nuthug is pro.
I agree with nuthug, and if I fail blocking a kick I blame myself. Not the one kicking. But I understand the point of the thread. I also had problems with kicks before.
Here is a tip
*You do a noob clap opener (just for an example, do whatever opener you want)
*Guy is kicking with right leg
Now, right rotate chest, extend right pec, raise right shoulder, extend right elbow, contract right wrist.
Do something like that and the kick will fail.
For me, this is what a loser says always when he lost. If u are a good player, even when some1 uses the showel, u should be able to block it and counterattack.

For me, I am best in aikido, and my opening moves are kick-based, with this i can DQ the opponent inside or outside of ring, it depends from the circunstances of the fight.
Originally Posted by Fuuken View Post
For me, this is what a loser says always when he lost. If u are a good player, even when some1 uses the showel, u should be able to block it and counterattack.

For me, I am best in aikido, and my opening moves are kick-based, with this i can DQ the opponent inside or outside of ring, it depends from the circunstances of the fight.

Best in aikido aye? lets have a match 1 day :]
:X Didn't play since a good while ago aikido.
I used to kick though.
Like :

Grab whit left arm and do a side kick whit the right leg, flipping the opponent (happen once to me)

I don't think it's nubish.Overused, sure, since it's a pretty effective move, you can hardly block it when you get grabbed by a hand.
Last edited by dbuhos; Nov 26, 2009 at 05:28 PM.
Centuries Of Damn
I tend not to as strength comes from your legs. Just fuck up their other foot.
<lumpysolo> ermergerd it's jalis <lumpysolo> love u too jalis <3
<jalis> you are worthless <jalis> ignored for my sanity
Originally Posted by dbuhos View Post
you can hardly block it when you get grabbed by a hand.

It's extremely easy to counter a kick in Aikido, just grab your opponent's kicking leg.
And grab his/her arm with the other arm, then he/she's pretty fucked.

A kick move is sometimes effective, but it's easily counterable, because your leg will be an easy target for grabbing.
Originally Posted by Tonakai View Post
It's extremely easy to counter a kick in Aikido, just grab your opponent's kicking leg.
And grab his/her arm with the other arm, then he/she's pretty fucked.

A kick move is sometimes effective, but it's easily counterable, because your leg will be an easy target for grabbing.

Grabbing it can work, but it can also break your hand. Sometimes the easiest method is to twist your body and relax your limbs so that you diffuse most of the kick's energy. You can still grab under their center of gravity or shoot for a DM that way, and you'll be less likely to snap your wrist off.

Most of the basic moves in aikido have a variety of counters. Sometimes it comes down to the finest details of the fight to determine if a kick DMs or sends your ass in the air.
[Inq]
Need help with anything? Have a question? PM me! I'll try my best to help you.
Originally Posted by dbuhos View Post
I don't think it's nubish.Overused, sure, since it's a pretty effective move, you can hardly block it when you get grabbed by a hand.

Well it's useless. I never got the idea of kicking your enemy in the beginning unless you are aiming for a point win which is rather unlikely in normal Aikido.
The only advantage would be getting your leg forward but if you don't extend your hip on the second turn to add some power to your push/lift it has no effect at all.
Oblivion: that wasn't hilarious
Oblivion: it was brilliantly complex though
Oblivion: hands down man
Oblivion: today I genuinely believe more than I ever did before
Oblivion: that you are better than me
Oblivion: gg NutHug

Like my stuff?
Join my FunClub or subscribe on Youtube
i kick, i get kicked i tackle i get tackled its a fight.if some one only kicks counter it if they dont only kick then stop whining.