Endurance Onslaught 6.0
lol thanks jak +rep for ur help, what i think i will do is get one of them corner desks and have 2 rigs, my mac, and one of them gaming rigs, ive seen ibuypower, but i like the cases for alienwares alot :V especially the alx ones with the folds on the top, i think its sexy as hell. ima get a job, and get a diff rig :P btw whoever changed my title, i didnt get a macbook, its an imac desktop..
That'd be the best solution probably.

Well...alienware cases are mostly for looks. Too much plastic for me and the moving vents are excessive, totally unnecessary.

Personally, I'd just build a computer from scratch if you don't like any of the nonalienware cases from online builders. I'm pretty sure that the computer board will be more than enough to get you through, if you've never done it before.

One case that has gotten me all wet is the Silverstone Fortress case: FT02. Vertical mobo setup so that hot air rises. It is pretty much PERFECT for cooling. It has all the extra luxuries of other cases too, like a window, tooless design, swappable hd case mechanisms, lots of fans.

Should be good for watercooling too if you go down that route later, although if you already plan on a custom loop, there are better cases out there. But you can set up everything on a dual rad on the bottom. Would still be sexy.

http://www.silverstonetek.com/produc...=FT02&area=usa
http://www.newegg.com/product/produc...82E16811163161

It's a bit pricey, but is one to last.

Another great case is the Corsair Obsidian 800D. Huge, expandable, but also even more expensive

The Silverstone raven is a more cool looking case if looks are you primary concern. Still has the mobo rotation, but plastic front. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811163154

About a hundred bucks cheaper.

I mean, the money is a lot for a case, but I think that the price for these is less than the money you'd save by building custom instead of buying Alienware. Then you can invest the rest in a better graphics card, better ram, a better processor, or maybe a larger monitor. Or even a custom loop if you feel brave (which I'd recommend the 800D for)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Another great case is the Corsair Obsidian 800D. Huge, expandable, but also even more expensive

I'm in love with that case for months now... Why? Mainly because the cable management functionality is simply unbelievable. And I'm a freak for cable management. I would kill myself if I had a PC filled with unordered cables all over the place and dust, spider webs and shit. And I mean that not just because of the looks, but because of the airflow and the tidiness, having everything orderly is a main goal for me on a desktop.

The problem with that case is the airflow though. Not many intakes, too much out-takes. It should have been more even, it seems, to maximize the airflow.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jun 12, 2010 at 08:19 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
But lots of exhaust fan slots are GREAT for watercooling. After all, you don't want to blow hot air into your case.

True though, if your intake is powerful, which it's gonna be if you fill up all the back fans, it's gonna be pretty loud.

But triple rad at the top is pure sex. :]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by War_Hero View Post
Since when does mac use ATI cards?
Anyways, your only real mistake was getting a mac when the new ones were about to come out.

My friends PowerPC uses one. its not that uncommon.

I have M17x and Im stuck with sli 260s on a 2.8 GHz dual core. Cost me 2500 Bucks.

Alienware like macs are horribly overpriced.

Build yourself a decent pc or get someone to build one for you, it'll be much cheaper.
:D
I've been gaming on Macs since 1993. I'm currently packing one of the recent unibody MacBook Pros, with Windows 7 and the latest OS X on it. Runs TF2, League of Legends, etc. just fine.

The neat thing about Macs is you can do more with them than PCs, without pirating or installing a bunch of extra software. PCs are better for gaming, for your money, but I enjoy doing more with my computer than just word processing and computer games.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
I've been gaming on Macs since 1993. I'm currently packing one of the recent unibody MacBook Pros, with Windows 7 and the latest OS X on it. Runs TF2, League of Legends, etc. just fine.

The neat thing about Macs is you can do more with them than PCs, without pirating or installing a bunch of extra software. PCs are better for gaming, for your money, but I enjoy doing more with my computer than just word processing and computer games.

Do more with them then PC's? Actually Mac is known to be a heavily closed system with very little choices when compared to other systems. For example, not allowing itself to be installed on a multitude of machines. No freedom whatsoever. Thats why there is a silly distinction between a Mac and a PC. Because PC means personal computer. In that perspective Mac would've been a PC too. But the problem is that Mac limits its installation to certain hardware thus not giving the real freedom of choice to the Mac user, for me its kind of an unethical way to make business, the way they keep their users under the assumption that they must buy overpriced machines with hardware that would be cheap for regular PC's... Is just silly...
Its still possible to install Mac on a regular machine using Hackintosh, but that violates the EULA of the OS... It only shows that Mac is into something that isn't exactly "freedom". They still dictate what you use as a machine.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jun 16, 2010 at 01:43 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
Do more with them then PC's? Actually Mac is known to be a heavily closed system with very little choices when compared to other systems. For example, not allowing itself to be installed on a multitude of machines. No freedom whatsoever. Thats why there is a silly distinction between a Mac and a PC. Because PC means personal computer. In that perspective Mac would've been a PC too. But the problem is that Mac limits its installation to certain hardware thus not giving the real freedom of choice to the Mac user, for me its kind of an unethical way to make business, the way they keep their users under the assumption that they must buy overpriced machines with hardware that would be cheap for regular PC's... Is just silly...
Its still possible to install Mac on a regular machine using Hackintosh, but that violates the EULA of the OS... It only shows that Mac is into something that isn't exactly "freedom". They still dictate what you use as a machine.

If Steve Jobs or Gil Amelio made the decision to license the Mac OS back when Microsoft was still just a word processing company, we'd be running the Mac OS on all our Dell, Asus, and Toshiba computers today. The reason they didn't is because Apple has always been about controlling the entire user experience for every one of its customers. If you have one company that ships the same software on the same hardware, the level of precision they can attain in custom tailoring the user experience is incredible.

That's why things like the iPod took off so well. Do you think if Apple just created the OS behind the iPod and then let it run on Zunes and random mp3 players it would have been as wildly successful as it was? No. Apple creates the hardware, Apple creates the software, and no one else in the industry is as good as they are at making them sync just perfectly in an attractive package.

It's funny that you talk about the Macintosh as being a heavily closed system, when their current OS along with their upcoming release of their mobile OS, iOS4, is a lot more open-source friendly than Windows 7's tangled mass of proprietary APIs. In fact the entire Mac OS X lineup has had more similarities with a Unix based operating system than any other non-open-source OS to date.

When it comes down to it, you are paying a premium for synergy between hardware and software, and if you don't care about how those sync and would rather buy a bunch of parts and construct your own gaming rig, then more power to you. But understand that there's a reason why Mac users buy Macs.
Pope of BnW[Torigod]Lord of WibblesYouTubeToriblog AdminInterface Artist
(,,゚Д゚) -"Become a fan. DO IT."

Hyperboloids of wondrous Light
Rolling for aye through Space and Time
Harbour those Waves which somehow Might
Play out God's holy pantomime

Also, Gubbin is neat.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]