Toribash
Actually, a match based system, rather than the existing "king of the hill system" is practically mandatory. Currently it's not exactly a queue system. In a queue system, everyone would get the same number of games. In the existing system, a fortunate player conceptionally could play an infinite number of games in a row, as long as he keeps winning. The system could fail if there was ever a successful cheater. I won't go into details here, since I've already give someone a malicious idea, I'm sure.

I'll try to submit an essay to the suggestion forum or the master himself, but I've already wasted too much time today.
Last edited by McCrea; Apr 16, 2008 at 10:37 PM.
AwsomeO, since you took the time out of your day to review my post, i'll repay the favour.

Originally Posted by AwesomeO View Post
Wrong not many people care about quitters and speccers. (even though there are alot(lol peckers))

You may want to read this . some people do actually care about this,

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...light=quitters

Then why isn't in a suggestion thread or wibbles or discussion. Game is for replays and stuff about replays, not rants that nobody cares about.

Because i couldnt decide where to put it, to be honest, and sinceone of the topics in "the game" in "multiplayer", it's appropriate enough. Stop trying to be a mini mod.

You cared enough to make this long reply.

It doesn't count as a win it just is like it never happens. Get your facts right, and COUNTS.

tbh, that just kinda reinforces my point. That makes it even more annoying when you dont even get the win. And read the above thread. It disagrees with you (if the game rules have changed since then i apologise).

And it's called a typo. Typo's and spelling mistakes are different things. Get your facts right...

They don't fail because they quit. Some people have to go in the middle of a match because of something or other. Also the "Black list" come on that is just a waste of time and more stuff for Nabi and Hampa to do.

Read my post. I allowed for people with connection problems, and anything else, you can probably just go akf, which wastes a few seconds of time when you get afk kicked on your next turn.

Nabi wouldnt have to personally manage it. A bit of coding logging peoples' voluntary disconnects mid game would do that fine, flagging people who did it regularly.

I haven't seen anyone do this and how would you know unless they you were doing it to on more than one server. Also the queues are already really long but stop complaining.

I would know, by scrolling down the servers and seeing the same name repeatedly. Please think before you type. If you havent seen anyone do it then that's great. But it dosent mean that they dont.

Also, on the topic of spelling: phaliure may not be in the Oxford english dictionary, butit is in use, especially on this forum. And the rest, which arenot an unreasonable amount, are called typo's.

I would flame your punctuation, but i dont have time, so i'll just say this: it's bad.
OK first off I never said phailure was missplelled. I have better grammar than you, so don't try to be all high and mighty, saying my grammar sucks. I am not talking about connection problems when someone leaves; I'm talking about if they have a baby and it is crying, or someone has to go to the hospital for something. I will say I should think what I post because I forgot even if they are in more than one queue it doesn't matter because there is no rule saying they can't.. Also for the thing about most people not caring about specing/quitting because in that thread there are less than 1/10 of the people who play toribash and 1/10 isn't alot.

Offtopic: Who gave me minus rep for this?
Last edited by AwesomeO; Apr 17, 2008 at 12:12 AM.
I have better grammer than you ,so don't try to be all high and mighty saying my grammer sucks.I not talking about connection problems when someone leaves;

You tried so hard on that one, didnt you ?

unfortunately the correct anwers were: "you, so", and "I am not talking"

lol...

and the funniest bit of all ? You spelt grammar wrong !!

I'm genuinely laughing out loud at you.

Back on the subject, most people just leave to go and get food, answer the door/feed their kid/whatever . Minimizing the game, accepting the loss and getting on with RL never hurt anyone. When i need to go do something while i'm playing i just leave the game running and get afk kicked, as that's what the afk kick is for. I dont just type: "uuh.. .i hav 2 liek go n uuh liek feed the dog yea..", and quit while i'm losing. And if i did have to feed the dog, then i'd just leave the game open, give the guy his win an accept it. I dont care *that* much abouy\t my ranking.

How often is there a life and death emergency while you are playing toribash ? And anyway, if someone had to get a lift to the hospital, and you quit that one time, i'm saying that it wouldnt be enough to get you blacklisted anyway. So you'd be fine.

And less than 1/10 of toribash players may not be a lot. But thats the fraction of people who saw that thread and felt the need to post on it. I'm sure that even you get pissed off when people quit on you.

edit: you got -repped by three people. one of them was me. There, you can -rep me now, or did you already?

(seriously, you *are* funny)
Last edited by H4rl3quin; Apr 16, 2008 at 11:49 PM.
OK first off I never said phailure was missp(l)elled. I have better grammar than you, so don't try to be all high and mighty, saying my grammar sucks. I am not talking about connection problems when someone leaves; I'm talking about if they have a baby and it is crying, or someone has to go to the hospital for something. I will say I should think what I post because I forgot even if they are in more than one queue it doesn't matter because there is no rule saying they can't. Teachers Note: This is absolutely indecipherable. See me after class. Also for the thing about most people not caring about specing/quitting because in that thread there are less than 1/10 of the people who play toribash and 1/10 isn't alot. Teachers Note: This is also extremely awkward and confusing.

Offtopic: Who gave me minus rep for this?

Overall Grade: D-.

Analysis: please retake Remedial English 001; refrain from any comments regarding others grammar or spelling.

And, no, people do actually care-- I try to make a habit of reporting people who repeatedly quit. It's not hard to say, "Sorry, got to go, XXXX is happening." Or just... get up, leave the computer, leave the game running, and do what you have to do.
Last edited by Ineffable; Apr 16, 2008 at 11:57 PM.
"Start with what is right rather than what is acceptable."- Franz Kafka
No i don't get angry because IT IS A GAME. Also some people might not want their computer to catch on fire from over-heating.

Also Ineffable please go away all you do is add to the dumbness.
Last edited by AwesomeO; Apr 16, 2008 at 11:55 PM.
Originally Posted by grumpyman2 View Post
Yeah there could still be servers, but then maybe some little sub-servers.

Yeah, I did not intend to imply eliminating servers. I meant to state that developing such a robust system is a huge chore.
Did I say I got angry? No, I did not. I do care, however, because it's poor form and, ultimately, a dickish move.

Also, if you have to worry about your computer catching fire and overheating you really, really, really need to get, say, a fan in it.

Because if that's a worry, well... Yeah.
"Start with what is right rather than what is acceptable."- Franz Kafka
Originally Posted by Ineffable View Post
It's not hard to say, "Sorry, got to go, XXXX is happening."

That's an excellent point.