Ranking
Originally Posted by Hippybob View Post
Play LoL with Ed, it's hilarious when he rages.

yeah but Ed isn't good

you see im good and i rage like no other
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
Originally Posted by PredatorC View Post
Well I subbed, i'm looking forward to seeing some vids from you :3

Thanks, that means a lot to me.

Originally Posted by Solax View Post
So are you going to aim to be serious or more funny?

Everybody says I have a dry sense of humor and can make anything funny and I love making people laugh but at the same time I'm going to get the main point across - say I start a let's play of -minecraft for example-, i'd involve humor throughout every episode while still in some way getting across the what i'm trying to do, accomplish and basic goals for the episode.

Depending on the video type I could be serious, like if it's an unboxing video for a new laptop then I wouldn't be able to work that much humor into it and I'd rather have the viewers be able to get all the information they need about what i'm unboxing. Really though when it comes down to it you'll probably find humor in every video.

Originally Posted by 2worlds View Post
yeah but Ed isn't good

you see im good and i rage like no other

can't confirm if ed is bad or not, but i can confirm you DO tend to get a bit mad when you play with my friends.. ;p
You'll need a partnership with Youtube if you plan on ever being noticed by anyone ever.

Also I can feature in your LoL play for casual stuff, right?
Buy TC for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=240345
Buy VIP and Toriprime for a great price here! http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=237249

Hey look more than two lines.
Yeah, I'm hoping to get around 100k video views and at least 3k subscribers before I apply for partnership as I actually want to be able to be taken seriously by whoever reviews my application.

And yes, you can feature. Would you be interested in a skype call kind of thing or just in the game I'm recording?

*Also, most information I'm putting out and actual articles/reviews are on my blog @ www.gamingpubs.blogspot.com , I have a Terraria review up, new 1.2 major content patch for swtor, rumored "steam box" console from valve and basic information on what situation i'm currently in.*
Let's Play series on a wide variety of games.

Good luck getting Youtube partnership with that, unless you are only doing Minecraft LP's (since they already stated they don't give a fuck about people making videos about their game legally) you won't be able to get the partnership with other popular games.

Yes, LP's. Mostly because of the copyrighted material which they ask you not to upload, the only way I've seen people who upload let's play videos from the US and become partners are either Machinima respawn directors or people who upload mostly Minecraft videos, or at least did so when the applied.
Originally Posted by Alan View Post
Good luck getting Youtube partnership with that, unless you are only doing Minecraft LP's (since they already stated they don't give a fuck about people making videos about their game legally) you won't be able to get the partnership with other popular games.

Yes, LP's. Mostly because of the copyrighted material which they ask you not to upload, the only way I've seen people who upload let's play videos from the US and become partners are either Machinima respawn directors or people who upload mostly Minecraft videos, or at least did so when the applied.

Looking for some live commentaries, new gameplay footage and up to date news on the latest tech info and game releases?
I'm interested in becoming a Games Journalist but at the moment I'll be trying to do it in a more visual and "hands on" feel by making Youtube videos
I know it won't be easy to actually obtain a partnership but you've got the wrong idea - while I may make one Let's Play series a month I have no intention of basing my entire career off of it. I would expect myself to get nowhere by doing that and in no way do I want myself to be another generic hit that gets subscribers from making a channel dedicated to Minecraft. Sure, people have done it and have became successful in terms of views and subscribers but that's not what I'm going for. As I just said, while I may make a few Let's Plays I'll be doing numerous interviews, reviews, unboxing videos for new technology along with giving my opinion and critique on it and, if I get going at the rate I hope to, actually start up my own website and become a small gaming site with a good community.

In short, I'm not coming into this in hope to make quick, easy money and find success at the start. I know the complications and hard work that come along with it and I'm prepared to do my best and slowly but steadily build up a dedicated and good fanbase.

Also, besides my over-ear headset that I'll be getting I'm actually getting a studio quality stand microphone to do my commentaries over on. Will definitely give me the quality I want.

Will be picking it up once my original equipment arrives @ around $170.
Last edited by Lume; Mar 7, 2012 at 08:57 AM.
I've been doing the same, or at least trying to. I could give you a shoutout or something if you like, although I only have around ~200 subscribers on youtube. Perhaps we could setup a dual commentary of LoL or some other MMO?