Toribash
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post

aye, well we know how accurate movies are to the books/comics.
the iron man movies painted tony start to be nothing more than a "genius billionaire playboy philanthropist" while the comics went through the same dark and more serious phases as batman went through.

I talked about the movies because I hadn't read the comics. Though, I have heard of the demon in a bottle story, and it does seem very deep. I don't know whether or not the reason why the Iron Man movies weren't as "great" is due to the character's ability to expose the elements that the Batman did, or just due to the director's choice. From what I've seen, there can be a lot done with both, but so far, Batman has been in better movies.
Mei fati dominus, mei animi dux
Need to PM a SMod?

Unofficial Skimmer of Discussion!

Fabula Magnus wants more able RPers!
Cataclysm is still alive?

Thorn

Wiggi must love me forever now.
"Rawr, im batman"

then ironman shoots him with a laser. or shoots him with 50 missiles or calls in jarvice to do something, or OR flies away.

Batman can't fly. Ironman yes.

Ironman's technology is more advanced than Batman. There isn't a chance
A dueler is only a good as his finest lift.

I love many people on this forum such as ...
Uric|Internet|Stellar|Wesley|Boonana|AJ|FireBolty|iRookie|Brucia|Kristis133|Liquidoom|Lightningkid
[type=noob]monk[noob]
I respect...
Originally Posted by RayA75 View Post
I don't know whether or not the reason why the Iron Man movies weren't as "great" is due to the character's ability to expose the elements that the Batman did, or just due to the director's choice. From what I've seen, there can be a lot done with both, but so far, Batman has been in better movies.

how boring would it be to have both of the same characters from different companies be exactly the same, regardless of the content, the iron man movies are great fun to watch

i thought the batman movies were great, walked out of them and just went "wow", but not because of batman. the bad guys were just too cool, heath ledgers performance as the joker was beyond great, and the other badguy fromt he first one, can never remember the actors name, Qui Gon Jin from star wars phantom menace, was also better than batman
batman just felt like a supporting actor in comparison

Robert downey jnr is impossible not to like and the techno eye candy in iron man hnnngg

Originally Posted by DropKick View Post
then ironman shoots him with a laser. or shoots him with 50 missiles or calls in jarvice to do something, or OR flies away.

Batman can't fly. Ironman yes.

batman has a flying car and a plane that can shoot lazers and 50 missles
he also has a bike that can shoot lazers and 50 missles
and a boat/submarine that can shoot lazers and 50 missles

also, jarvis cant lock onto batman with his suit on, iron man has to eyeball it
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Why would Batman be fighting Ironman?

Anyway, Ironman would obviously win. He is incredibly smart, has better gadgets and a much better suit. Plus the Avengers > Justice League.
Last edited by Blam; May 9, 2012 at 07:35 PM.
:D
if anything.

IronBat : millionaire playboy alcoholic with dark past. With his trusty ward PepperBoy the secretarial wonder
-----
Nemesis? The Tangerine Jester
Last edited by avwave; May 9, 2012 at 07:38 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
because marvel vs dc has happened befor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_vs._Marvel

yes avwave, like darkclaw

also, why not?
i loves me more Amalgam comics.
Like say She Hulk and Wonder Woman : Gammazon

And say... Antman and Codpiece: the Amazing Shrinking Penis
I would go with Iron Man.

I'm quite sure that Iron Man is smarter and has better gadgets for opponents that aren't just human or overly sized super humans.

Batman couldn't create an EMP that could short out Stark's suit, Batman is smart and can fight, but fighting against a human in a suit who stands a chance against the Hulk and Thor? I don't think so.

The only reason why Batman could beat Superman is because of the Kryptonite that Clark and Bruce searched for around the world, Because Superman realized that for some reason a hell of a lot of bad guys have Kryptonite, so they searched the whole Earth for all of the kryptonite and destroyed it, but one piece that Superman gave to Batman. Then at the end of it all, deep underground or whatever is a room FILLED to the brim with Kryptonite of all colors so he can make suits, gadgets and a stuff.

Batman has Superman in the bag.

Now with Stark? I don't think Batman would know what he's up against. He would try Batarang, obviously ineffective, then he would try something else equally ineffective.

To beat Stark you need strength and intelligence. And Batman just has intelligence. Sure he's strong compared to human standards, but Iron Man could crush Batman with a mere punch or by going hundreds of miles per hour. Hell, Stark could break the sound barrier right beside Batman and the force of the air breaking around Iron Man would crush the human bones of Batman.

Batman is only human, guys. Iron Man is beyond human now.
Last edited by T0ribush; May 10, 2012 at 01:42 PM.
Ironman all the way.

I don't know how true to the comics these movies really are, but from the movies I have seen (Ironman 1,2 Dark Knight, Avengers), Tony Stark is probably the victor when it comes down to who has the better personality. Although he is self obsessed, he has a sort of lovable vibe to him. He seems like he can compliment and insult you all in the same sentence using words that you can barely understand (which would make you feel stupid in the process). An intelligent troll, if you will. Bruce Wayne is like a less self-obsessed Tony Stark. Tony wins the personality contest imo.

When it comes to combat, Ironman destroys Batman. Since they're both geniuses we can take that factor out of the equation. After that it all boils down to who has the bigger gun. No competition there: Ironman. You seriously can't paint up a scenario where Batman beats Ironman. Stark even has a bracelet thing that can call up a portable version of his suit from anywhere close by to his home if he ever got into a hand to hand fight with Batman.

So Ironman/Tony Stark is a flying tank (complete with a super computer built in) as well as an extremely intelligent troll. Batman seriously has nothing on him.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
Batman couldn't create an EMP that could short out Stark's suit

whats to say he cant?
Wayne Industries is a major supplier of military goods.

Batman is smart and can fight, but fighting against a human in a suit who stands a chance against the Hulk and Thor? I don't think so.

superman is scared of him, and not just of his kryptonite
and iron man cant hold a candle to Hulk, no one can

Now with Stark? I don't think Batman would know what he's up against. He would try Batarang, obviously ineffective, then he would try something else equally ineffective.

i dont think its that simple, if batman could beat bane and block buster, then overcoming the strength difference isnt and issue, and with batmans experience with more intelligence based enemies, his tactics and planning shouldnt be overlooked. he is just a man, and has therefore needed to find ways to do more than a man should be able do.

and whos to say his batarang wont work? if he can mod it to be remote controlled, he can mod it to disrupt electronics, or plant a virus for that matter, kill jarvis, and stick to armour, rather than cut it.

But, after all that is said, i do agree that iron man would win eventually, i just dont think its as clean cut or straightforward as we would think, he just has too many guns in his arsenal, too many suits.
even without his cap america training and enhanced reflexes, i think in a prolonged battle, he'll pull it out