Ranking
Original Post
Controlled dismemberment in multiplayer
I came up with the idea recently of having a keyboard button that controls dismemberment just like z, x, and c control the state of the joints.

This idea came to me when parts of my tori dismembered causing my opponent to quickly disqualify themselves.

To maintain the quality of already existing mods, this could be made into a setting that can be toggled on and off in the rules menu. Also, it would need to be in a good position on the keyboard to avoid accidents, possibly "G"

People who may dislike this idea should remember that people already cause Dms intentionally. This addition would add a whole new element of control to the game play/mods, and embrace the fact that the characters we control are closer to robots then actual humans.

Thanks for reading, and any future responses.

If this feature was added i would like it to be called "Crab control"

aint nothing to it but to do it
Did you guys ever think that when a player gets dm'd(e.g. decapped), he/she can claim to have misclicked g and loosen the credit given to so and so player? Anyways, don't nark on me for saying this, because i largely support this idea! ^-^
I hate all of you.
This idea definitely makes sense. I would like to see a command or option added like this to the game. For some mods it could be beneficial to implement a system like this. This would allow for different types of mods, replays, forum events, and in-game events. I would be extremely interested in watching players duel that could dismember any join on their body at any given time. I support the idea.
A hasbeen like the rest
I don't support this idea because, let's say you're playing aikido or abd (the most played mod) and your opponent decideds to lift you, he could very simply self dm both of his wrists causing you to fly out of the ring without any chance of saving + the self dm thing without doing anything doesn't seem to make sense.
I would support only if it could be changed via the game rules like what imaslayaa said.
hi
Originally Posted by LeB3ast View Post
I don't support this idea because, let's say you're playing aikido or abd (the most played mod) and your opponent decideds to lift you, he could very simply self dm both of his wrists causing you to fly out of the ring without any chance of saving + the self dm thing without doing anything doesn't seem to make sense.
I would support only if it could be changed via the game rules like what imaslayaa said.

I could guarantee that if an option like this became available, it would not be used in any official servers. Aside from that, this could add a bit of flavor to the game. You would need to learn of new ways to counter certain moves, although that lifting scenario could happen at anytime, and would be touch to counter. I think it would be a cool command to have if you are playing for fun with some friends, it would definitely make the game more interesting. I also do agree that it should be an option, and not a permanent setting. If it was a permanent setting, all hell would break lose in the community.
A hasbeen like the rest
Originally Posted by dannyrug View Post
I could guarantee that if an option like this became available, it would not be used in any official servers. Aside from that, this could add a bit of flavor to the game. You would need to learn of new ways to counter certain moves, although that lifting scenario could happen at anytime, and would be touch to counter. I think it would be a cool command to have if you are playing for fun with some friends, it would definitely make the game more interesting. I also do agree that it should be an option, and not a permanent setting. If it was a permanent setting, all hell would break lose in the community.

The lifting scenario could easily be avoided if the mod was in a room similar to boxshu_mushu_v3.tbm.

----
Also, i just want to highlight that this suggestion is not intended to change the mods in official servers. But to provide an option for a different type of mod/gameplay to develop.

Edit: Nice graphic Nerfpls
Last edited by CxTrXs; Sep 4, 2014 at 12:02 AM. Reason: :)
aint nothing to it but to do it
Originally Posted by LeB3ast View Post

Just DM yours before he does, simple.
You can already hack dms in multiplayer, type "CRUSH; any number" on the right frame.

But sounds cool as a checkbox, could make nice skeet games.
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
You can already hack dms in multiplayer, type "CRUSH; any number" on the right frame.

But sounds cool as a checkbox, could make nice skeet games.

You mean singleplayer, right?