Ranking
Original Post
scam reform
this is getting kind of fucking ridiculous
so it's apparent scams happen very often, but the way they are handled is actually out of hand
a very recent case, cillster, loan scammed a shit load of people, but only 1 person got his stuff to compensate for the loan, so i'm down 25k, everyone else who loaned him is down, and the person who got his stuff is still probably down tc because he only had like 3k worth of items
i'm not going to sit here and act like 25k doesn't mean anything to me because i have tc, but this kind of pisses me off that nothing is done about it
having a good community is better than having a shit economy, and when these people get scammed and nothing is done about it, that just proves that the marketers are just going to prevail over the rest of the community, because they don't care if you lose your shit, they just don't want to lose tc
that's why it's kind of stupid that marketers handle these scams, because they're more interested in their own profit

also i have no idea what i'm talking about here so don't take anything to heart
i just want my tc back
pacquiao
Well then whats stopping people from staging scams with friends in order to get compensated? Thats why compensation is done at a case by case basis. Honestly sounds like you're just lashing out because you keep giving bad loans out.
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
what's stopping people is the ban that comes with a scam bro!!!
once again i can mention the 180k scam that i got nothing in return
there was nothing that could have been done about that buddy
pacquiao
Originally Posted by Vayne View Post
I agree with this tbh. Like instead of giving the tc staff could easily give something to compensate if they didn't want to inflate the community with tc for example temporary tori-prime/vip or something like that because this doesn't really effect the game in any way but gives the person scammed something in return.

This works pretty good, I wouldn't mind loosing the 60k if I get compensated,
|Evil|
I don't exist
@Demon
How long ago did these scams happen? I'm looking through your threads made and can't see any recent scam reports, unless you made them on another account? I'll leave the policy discussion to phail and the msquad but I'd be interested to look into your cases.
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
what's stopping people is the ban that comes with a scam bro!!!
once again i can mention the 180k scam that i got nothing in return
there was nothing that could have been done about that buddy

The main thing is if you're careful with you're tc there would be no scams to actually happen to you. In every scam it's usually if you did some research on the person asked them to send first or didn't give you're tc to some who was just going to sink it there would be no problem .
It's not like we have to deal with scams anyway Hampa could just pull a steam and say if you do happen to get scammed sorry nothing we can do. Just like with every other game that has some type of economy. Unless It's the game glitching almost every scam is the fault of the user.
Something like giving away some type of toriprime/vip sounds just stupid. Let's give away one of the most bought things in toribash because the guy you gave 50k to didn't pay 100k back.
-----
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
This works pretty good, I wouldn't mind loosing the 60k if I get compensated,

You should mind losing 60k it's not the games job to compensate you. If you didn't do everything you could not to be scammed why should we reward you with compensation
-----
having a good community is better than having a shit economy, and when these people get scammed and nothing is done about it, that just proves that the marketers are just going to prevail over the rest of the community,

Do you want the market squad to pay out of pocket?
You know what Hampa has made too much money off of Toribash he should pay out of pocket and give me free vip.
Last edited by Pimp; Jun 6, 2016 at 07:08 AM. Reason: HAMPA GIVE THAT VIIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP NOWNOWNOWNOWNOW I WANT IT NOW
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
solax, it was the one you handled
the steam card thing with worm

pimp, worm seemed like a trustable guy, and i think it was more that he got fucked over unless he was lying to me about the dude who sold him the card gave him a fake card
and we've agreed that compensation that isn't tc seems more reasonable so i don't know why you went back to that
pacquiao
solax, it was the one you handled
the steam card thing with worm

pimp, worm seemed like a trustable guy, and i think it was more that he got fucked over unless he was lying to me about the dude who sold him the card gave him a fake card
and we've agreed that compensation that isn't tc seems more reasonable so i don't know why you went back to that

Because if it's compensation of any form it means it would have to be of some type of value. If that's not what you want then what is it you want to happen in this scam reform revolution.
Last edited by Pimp; Jun 6, 2016 at 09:52 AM. Reason: OH SHIT BIG DADDY ROASTED YO "thinly veiled complaint" ASS *DAB* gave u da whip and watch me nae nae #dabcity
Scams come in so many different forms. We deal with duel scams, trade scams, etc. Not only this but we deal with compensation for glitches that happen as a result of betting, dueling and decap prizes. Between all of this there are plenty of incidents where we have to generate tc, because items/tc can't be recovered otherwise. We rely on tc sinks such as namechanges to ensure that the tc in circulation doesn't climb too high and start causing issues for the economy. In the face of all this, loan scams are such a trivial issue that can be so easily prevented by not loaning people your tc because it's sus as hell and the notion that people should be provided compensation for taking such a stupid risk is just crazy. Obviously it sucks when you get scammed, sure, but that's not all that this is about. If we were to generate any kind of value for loan scams, we would be just opening the door, inviting scammers in and saying "please dupe the system with your friends and profit off us with absolutely no downsides" and that's just not going to happen. This is the suggestions board and I'm perfectly happy to take suggestions about ways we can alter the system. I've given my input on this but I would definitely like to see future threads have more suggestions and less thinly veiled complaints.
[CENTER]
lead Sigma
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
The main thing is if you're careful with you're tc there would be no scams to actually happen to you. In every scam it's usually if you did some research on the person asked them to send first or didn't give you're tc to some who was just going to sink it there would be no problem .
It's not like we have to deal with scams anyway Hampa could just pull a steam and say if you do happen to get scammed sorry nothing we can do. Just like with every other game that has some type of economy. Unless It's the game glitching almost every scam is the fault of the user.
Something like giving away some type of toriprime/vip sounds just stupid. Let's give away one of the most bought things in toribash because the guy you gave 50k to didn't pay 100k back.
-----

You should mind losing 60k it's not the games job to compensate you. If you didn't do everything you could not to be scammed why should we reward you with compensation
-----

Do you want the market squad to pay out of pocket?
You know what Hampa has made too much money off of Toribash he should pay out of pocket and give me free vip.

It was due to the hacking from bash, I can't even get an answer from staff, just blatantly ignored. I've asked several times as well.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by Bird View Post
It was due to the hacking from bash, I can't even get an answer from staff, just blatantly ignored. I've asked several times as well.

since so many people did it it was deemed unnecessary to refund all the people who bought items off the market which could have been avoided if you didn't decided to buy it. Unless this is a different case that i'm unaware of