Toribash
Originally Posted by Fedz View Post
North Korea can pretty much conquer South Korea in 59 minites.

NK and SK are a lot more evenly matched then you say.

If NK did go for an all out invasion, and no one intervened, they would lose but it would take a long time. NK cannot sustain a full invasion, SK can.

Although in real life if NK did invade, then China would quickly stop backing it up, and it would be internationally spanked.
I am a cocky american but I will put that to the side. I will Give a non biast answer. Ha, my unbiast answer is that I think the U.S. will still be a super power. We created the A-Bomb for cryin' out loud. We have some of the best trained military in the history of man. Manpower we do not lack. And I do not believe North Korea could possibly take over as the next superpower. The leader of north korea is a ruthless genocidal lunitic. He thinks he has power. I believe that if North Korea ever were to try and surpass us as the next world power then we would snuff them out as easily as a candle. China is the biggest threat to surpassing us... My oppinion on india however is..... Really? You really think a 3rd world country is going to surpass the world superpower?
Also, Bored... Russia wouldn't start a third world war with us. They hate our guts, but unless they want mankind (And most other living things) to be completely annihalated they wont send a nuke our way. We'd reply badly to that.
Last edited by TwinSword2; Feb 11, 2011 at 01:44 AM.
The First Blade Pierces the Flesh
The Second Blade Pierces the Soul
Originally Posted by Gormin View Post
NK and SK are a lot more evenly matched then you say.

If NK did go for an all out invasion, and no one intervened, they would lose but it would take a long time. NK cannot sustain a full invasion, SK can.

Although in real life if NK did invade, then China would quickly stop backing it up, and it would be internationally spanked.

That's illusion USA tries to hold in their underling countries, like Australia. In fact, I have an acquaintance that sits in the Ministry council, and Military Minister every time reports analysis of how much time NK needs to fully conquer SK. last time it was 59 minites.

@twinsword2:
Obama will make sure your country never gets out of crisis.
Tentacles4life&fun!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Join BISH
ANIMELOVER
Originally Posted by TwinSword2
We created the A-Bomb for cryin' out loud.

The atomic bomb was actually the result of a collaboration between the Allied powers; America could not have made it without the help of scientists from Canada, Britain, and various European countries. Hell, if Germany hadn't turned out as many defectors as they did, we would have probably been reduced to ash in World War II. That was really the result of luck. Being the original doesn't mean being the best, either: other countries have done it in bigger and better versions.

We have some of the best trained military in the history of man.

So did... uh... every major world power since the beginning of history. Might isn't everything. Every group ever renowned for their fighting skill- the Assyrians, the Spartans, the Mongols, the Samurai, the Ottomans- eventually faded away into the history books despite their military prowess. Why? Because the world changes. Other groups became stronger than them while they grew weaker. Nothing stays strong forever.

Manpower we do not lack.

300,000,000 residents while India and China both have over a billion each.

And I do not believe North Korea could possibly take over as the next superpower.

Probably not sustainably, since everyone hates their guts and they lack the funding to do so, but that doesn't mean they couldn't fuck some shit up. They don't need to win to hurt us.

China is the biggest threat to surpassing us...

Maybe. As it is, the entire world has us by the nuts. You have no idea how much we owe close to every other country in the international scene; America has become a place of unsustainable luxury. Our cost of living and standards of life are way higher than in other places on the globe. Backed up by our lack of a working class, we're an economic disaster waiting to happen. Seriously, if the world put on an embargo on us, we'd be royally fucked.

My oppinion on india however is..... Really? You really think a 3rd world country is going to surpass the world superpower?

Thank you for expressing your ignorance, silly Americanan. India is the fourth most powerful regional bloc in the world, after the US, China, and the European Union. They are a superpower. As for America's position as the world's superpower, it's highly debatable. We do hold more military power than anyone else- 22% of the globe's power- but that obviously means that other countries' alliances would be way more powerful than us. The EU alone makes up 16% of the globe's power; India makes up 8%. Oh hey, what's that- an EU-India alliance would have more military resources than the US? Good game. Now true, there's no reason for that kind of thing to happen; we buy stuff from everyone, as mentioned above, and Europe is especially close to the US, but that doesn't mean that we're invincible. Get that idea out of your head. It would not take much to surpass America's power.

By the way, a recent study done in the UN using a model measuring GDP, defense, spending, population and technology for individual states projects that the relative political and economic clout of many countries will shift by 2025; the power of the US, EU, Japan and Russia would decline while that of China, India and Brazil would increase, even though there would be no change in the power list. To give you some numbers to compare to my previous statistics, this study shows that by 2025, the United States' share of global power would decline from 22% to 18%, while China would rise up from 12% to 16%; the EU would fall to 14%. India and Brazil's share of power would also increase.

Also, Bored... Russia wouldn't start a third world war with us. They hate our guts, but unless they want mankind (And most other living things) to be completely annihalated they wont send a nuke our way. We'd reply badly to that.

M.A.D. By the way, they don't need to send a nuke; why not invade? Most Americans seem to have this concept that foreign invaders could never strike on our soil, despite their boo-hoo over 9/11. We would not be able to stop a full-fledged invasion without fighting on our land.

tl;dr -> The USA will fall eventually; not necessarily through total destruction, but it will definitely not be the world's leading power forever. The world grows stronger by the day; 2025 is really not that far off. You can naysay all you want, but world powers simply do not remain world powers.

As for who it falls to, probably an alliance. I can't see one country trying to take over the USA even if they grow more powerful than it; they'd have to start something big. If it was a singular effort, I'd have to say China. They have a large, well-disciplined populace, as well as a ton of industrial output and economic stability- they could produce as many weapons and vehicles as they needed if they had to. Can't see Russia doing much of anything; they're still in the same slump they've been in since the end of the Cold War. Maybe in a few more decades, they'll gain power again, but within the next ten to twenty years, I can't imagine them taking over the US.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
I'd have to agree with the others.. China seems to be becoming more frightening each and every day.
Life is like Basketball. Aim, Concentrate, Balance and Following through. That's all you ever need to accomplish your goals.
i quess no country will...
there are only two scenarios in my opinion:
1.) the world system changes and doesnt need superpowers in anyway OR:
2.) theyll all get mad and bomb theirselfs
666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666 666
well...
i accept that china got more population but look at china's area...
india got smaller area than china and still too much population
india got hard working ppl and developing like a fast leopard
us is not even half of india
india will be the nest super power of the world within 5-10 years from now...
also
http://www.rusembassy.in/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1713% 3Arussia-sees-india-as-a-super-power-in-coming-years-ambassador-kadakin&catid=16%3Apress-on-bilateral-relations〈=en
either China, Canada, England, or Japan.
China like you guys said has a huge debt that we owe them.
Canada must be up to something, but idk
England is an empire on the rise, you never know when they'll come back
Japan is the most technologically advanced country on the planet. they have machines that could wipe people out in vast quantities.
I only care about love. I've ridden the TARDIS. Boxsucks
10/21/12
Originally Posted by theblaze View Post
either China, Canada, England, or Japan.
China like you guys said has a huge debt that we owe them.
Canada must be up to something, but idk
England is an empire on the rise, you never know when they'll come back
Japan is the most technologically advanced country on the planet. they have machines that could wipe people out in vast quantities.

Jesus christ, such posts are killing all the discussion.

1st England - not an English anymore, more indians there, it is not in a good economical shape to compete withanybody.
2nd Japan - lack of territory, resources etc. They might be the most advanced acountry in the world, where you can live with maximum comfort, but that's not same with superpower.
3rd Canada - don't make me laugh, low population, and kinda lasy international politics
4th China - not only because of the debt. Having the stogest economy, they are verydisciplined nation that is spread all over the world. And wherever they are - chinese are always chinese.
Tentacles4life&fun!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Join BISH
ANIMELOVER
I say
China

India

Pakistan

Russia, in that order.

Also quick question, besides various tribal battles, has Australia ever been in a war?
I N C R E D I B L E H !