Endurance Onslaught 6.0
Originally Posted by Lawrence1 View Post
I continue exploring the city, simply absorbing it all in. I try to remember the places I've been and mentally map out the city for future reference.

You come upon a small bar, with several people sitting outside. Some drunk.
Originally Posted by Romanovsky View Post
You come upon a small bar, with several people sitting outside. Some drunk.

I stay back, sitting down and simply observing the patrons.
I stay back, sitting down and simply observing the patrons.

They appear to be numerous farmers, of both male and female. A few guards you assume to be off-duty. A shady man sits in the opposite corner, apparently sleeping. The bar is rather rowdy and loud.
They appear to be numerous farmers, of both male and female. A few guards you assume to be off-duty. A shady man sits in the opposite corner, apparently sleeping. The bar is rather rowdy and loud.

I go over and find a barmaid to introduce myself to as Reclamai, as I keep an eye on the man in the corner who has caught my attention.
I go over and find a barmaid to introduce myself to as Reclamai, as I keep an eye on the man in the corner who has caught my attention.

The man appears to be wearing a black-leather curass, which has a cloak running beneath the curass and rising to a hood. You cannot see his face.
The man appears to be wearing a black-leather curass, which has a cloak running beneath the curass and rising to a hood. You cannot see his face.

Hm. Perhaps this man is the sorcerer I was sent for.
With a smile, I leave the woman. I take a seat nearby the man.
"Hello, I'm new here and I believe there is a lot you'll be able to teach me."
Hm. Perhaps this man is the sorcerer I was sent for.
With a smile, I leave the woman. I take a seat nearby the man.
"Hello, I'm new here and I believe there is a lot you'll be able to teach me."

He looks up at you in complete confusion. He is a young man, you estimate to be of 28, with short brownish-blonde hair. "What are you on about, fool?" he says in a startled voice.
He looks up at you in complete confusion. He is a young man, you estimate to be of 28, with short brownish-blonde hair. "What are you on about, fool?" he says in a startled voice.

Perhaps I was mistaken. But still...
"I'm a stranger in a new city approaching you in search of knowledge. Maybe that just struck me as an intriguing opportunity, but in truth I know no one in town and simply wished to make an acquaintance."
Perhaps I was mistaken. But still...
"I'm a stranger in a new city approaching you in search of knowledge. Maybe that just struck me as an intriguing opportunity, but in truth I know no one in town and simply wished to make an acquaintance."

He stares at you in disbelief and confusion. "Look friend, I don't really care. I'm a sword for hire, so unless you have some gold, get lost."
He stares at you in disbelief and confusion. "Look friend, I don't really care. I'm a sword for hire, so unless you have some gold, get lost."

"Is that so? And how much gold are we talking?" I ask, realizing the opportunity here.